二十三

Last edited » September 30, 2023
Author's Note »
Referenced Movie(s) » Friendship Games (2015)
- - -

The school was initially dismissed to the gym but once it was concluded that the Friendship Games would continue, you all were led to the courtyard, where bleachers had already been moved for students.

Per usual, no one knew what the event was but it was vaguely known that it was much calmer than the first two to give the competitors a break. Sitting next to Dash as she drank her water, she looked over when you gently put your forefinger and middle finger to her neck. Only 10 minutes ago could she stand up and walk on her own.

For whatever reason, Twilight's pendant was much more aggressive when it stole Dash's magic. At the gym, you learned that her entire friend group was now magicless, but everyone managed to recoup much sooner than Dash at the time of their attack. Perhaps this fell on the fact that Dash was the final victim.

You looked Dash in her eyes when she grabbed your hand before you could count to 15. She smiled, "I'm fine, really."

"...Do you think you lost your magic forever?" You didn't define her by her abilities, of course, but you weren't sure if she shared the same indifference about herself.

She hesitated to shake her head. "But even if I did, I don't need magic to be me. I'm awesome."

if you say so   —The faculty heads of both schools were coming out. You sighed with a smile, "Go win for Canterlot."

Dash laughed as she got up, "My girlfriend actually showing school spirit?"

"First and last time." She snickered.

Dean Cadence spoke into the microphone, "Since the scores tied, the final event will determine the winner of the Friendship Games."

Vice Principal Luna stepped up next, holding two flags that had the colors of the school it represented. "As you all can see, the sun is starting to set so to make matters intriguing, this will be Capture the Flag but in the dark."

"Each team will be given one flashlight and somewhere on campus, the pennant from each school has been hidden. The first team to find the other school's flag and bring it back wins."

The mentioned flashlight was given to the 'group leader' of each team, which was Sunset Shimmer and Indigo Zap. Though, in retrospect, this was probably more coincidence than a matter of their dominance for they were both the closest to the crowd and thus easier to reach.

Both the teams were given 5 minutes to think of a plan as this event would require a vast amount of teamwork, but you noticed Crystal Prep's collectively guarded behavior. All of Twilight's teammates, and even the principal, had formed a circle around her.

Dean Cadence spoke into the microphone again, "As soon as both teams are ready, or when the five minutes are up, we'll begin."

Canterlot quickly notified the Dean that they were ready, which was a given considering that they were all friends who have fought magic together. The attention then turned to Crystal Prep, but instead of announcing their status, they seemed to be sending Twilight to the middle of the courtyard. Her pendant was now in her hands instead of around her neck.

"Crystal Preparatory Academy, your five minutes are up," Dean Cadence notified. "The last event of the Friendship Games will begin in 5..."

is she- oh my gosh, she's opening it   —Sunset too realized Twilight's intentions, running forward to stop her. Her dog was also running.

"Twilight, no!" the canine exclaimed.

am i insane or did that dog just speak English   —Dean Cadence would finish her countdown, but the real climax was Twilight opening her pendant.