三十五

Last edited » October 29, 2023
Author's Note »
Referenced Movie(s) » N/A
- - -

AT HOME
SATURDAY

The rest of your school week was calm. Dash still sat with you for lunch every day, but even she began to calm down once Wednesday hit and still nothing had happened. Sunset was regularly updating Princess Twilight but the situation officially calmed down Friday.

Today was a wash day for your hair. Fortunately (sometimes unfortunately), your hair is not as textured as your mother's. While it is coarse enough to thrive in generic, protective styles like box braids or corn rows - as well as the Bantu knots you once tried - your father's genes succeeded in tainting the complexity of your curls. You would say you had very defined 2c hair, arguably 3a. Your hair curled from roots to ends but it generally laid flat against the back of your head like waves.

You gently hummed to the music playing in your AirPods. Dash had gotten you them for Christmas and you still cannot ever imagine repaying her. Of course, you would try your best this year, but last year, all you had gotten her were a few home-cooked meals since she's shown to like authentic Japanese food so much. Dash is the kind of person who already has everything she wants so this was your genuine best effort.

However, she constantly reassured you that your food was the perfect trade, and you naturally, relentlessly disagreed. Eventually, the argument settled - you still hold a grudge - and you decided that you would use the earbuds when your headphones are not practical. This was one of those times.

You took one of the four sections of your hair out of its silk scrunchie. Grabbing your detangling brush, you got to work. Having just got out of the shower, your hair was still dripping and the conditioner you put in squeezed out with each swipe. Your breasts were contained in a sports bra, and you covered your bottom with sports shorts.

oh, my AirPod -Both of them suddenly fell out.

weird. the moisture must've loosened how well they were in my ear -You let go of your hair and set the brush on the counter. Bending down to pick them up, your expression faltered as you heard squeaking.

is there a rat? why is so much happening -You neglect to put the earbuds back in so you could find the rodent.

It sounded immensely close, maybe even beside you, but your sink was installed to the tile. There was absolutely no way a rat could squeeze between or under negative space. You walked to the toilet, and then the tub, but nothing.

i can still hear it -You walked back to the sink: maybe it was in the most obvious location. However, the image that reflected back to you in the mirror when you glanced stopped your search completely.

Today 10:42 AM
ダッシュ 🌈💨

Please come here
Now
Please
I'm okay just come here
Right now
Just use your super speed idc

You spammed called Dash a few times to wake her in case she was still asleep, but you neglect to get a response for two minutes. Prepared to start hyperventilating, the knock at your door would halt such actions.

You didn't care to put on a shirt and Dash had the same urgency. She yelled that she was coming in and unlocked the door herself.

You didn't even hear her footsteps from how fast she was running; she simply appeared.

"What's wrong?!..." Dash slowly trailed off as her eyes looked you up and down.

"..."

"..."

"Help me!" you whined.

"No, it's okay, Princess!" Dash strenuously smiled, walking to you with open arms.

She brought you into a hug but you could feel her initial hesitance. Dash often pets your head, dually laying your hair back, when she is embracing you with sentimental intentions, but with two large ears in the way, she didn't know if it was better to address or ignore them. Ultimately, however, her warm hand brushed back your done-up hair and ears.

You could hear her smile, "Are you crying?"

She kissed your cheek when you nod. Jumping up when she tapped the back of your legs, she caught you and waddled to your bed. You straddled her lap after she flopped onto the mattress.

Your silent tears were surely staining her shirt, so you turned your head to the side and sat up to wipe your face, but Dash immediately pulled you back down and told you to 'stop worrying about things that don't need worrying.'

"You need to calm down, [Nickname]." Her soft voice felt incredibly soothing, and your enhanced hearing amplified this tranquility. "I know you're yelling at me in your head for saying that but I've never felt your heart beat this fast. You might actually have a heart attack."

"We can go to Sunset's house once we talk about it. It's not gonna help anyone if we're overwhelmed and Sunset's just as confused." You sniffled with a groan as you sighed but nod.

༻ ༺