Last edited » July 16, 2023
Author's Note » fun fact: rainbow's bday is actually april 14 (source is mlp: fim fandom page (https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/Rainbow_Dash) and their source is a chinese birthday post from 2019)
Referenced Movie(s) » N/A
- - -

THURSDAY, APRIL 14, 2016
LUNCH

You looked over your shoulder when you suddenly felt the need to: Rainbow Dash was walking behind you. Smiling, you slowed down and slid your headphones onto your neck.

It's been a month since the events at the CHS Musical Showcase. While much more happened than you had anticipated, the bottom line was that, once again, the entire school became a zombified, teenage army to a power-hungry villain - villains in this case - and it was up to Rainbow Dash and her friends to defeat them with the "Magic of Friendship."

You were informed by her's truly that in this Magic of Friendship were five components: the Elements of Harmony, which were Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty, and Magic. While you could agree to disagree with Magic, each of Rainbow Dash's friends represented one element, sans Sunset Shimmer.

While she too transformed at the 'Battle of the Bands,' her element was unknown by even Twilight, which was an impressive feat apparently. But nonetheless, in subsequent orders, the owner of each element went Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight.

"Happy birthday," you gently wished. It seemed that in every class you went to today, someone was talking about her special day. You would have known nothing of this four hours ago.

"Thank you," she smiled, but that was all. You kept your attention on her a little longer than normal but eventually looked away. You both already had your food - yours homemade, her's bought - so you were making way to the library.

Rainbow Dash didn't get much more talkative after this. Sitting down, you two ate in silence for the first few minutes, and generally, you were silence's biggest fan. Silence was great, but in the case of someone as usually energetic as Rainbow Dash, you had to ask:

"You-"
"Can I-" You both stopped, staring at each other before laughing. She demand you to first.

You shrugged. "I was just gonna say you seem out of it. You're the birthday girl."

Her expression seemed to brighten, a sly smile shaping her lips. "The presents have sucked so far."

"What'd you get?"

"Rarity made me a headband for when I practice because 'pulling my bangs back all the time is making me go bald.'" Her impression of the girl was actually pretty accurate, and nonetheless humorous.

"Applejack's gift wasn't so bad. It was a new soccer ball, but I have plenty. Fluttershy got me an eco-friendly water bottle, and Pinkie Pie said I need to go to her house after school to pick it up, so that's..."

"intimidating," she softly laughed.

"...What'd you want?" In most cases, the absence of one's main desire is the cause of disappointment.

"Your number." Your expression blank.

is she joking? no... play it off   —You passively slid your phone onto the table. "It doesn't have to be your birthday for that."

She smiled as she typed her number into the empty contact, "Then can I have a date?"

my hands are shaking  —You closed your fist under the table. "You have to meet Pinkie Pie after school."

"So at 4?" Rainbow Dash laughed when you gave up your cool façade, hiding your blushing face in your hands. However, you nod.

"Casual?" You didn't want to come underdressed or overdressed.