五十六

Last edited » September 23, 2023
Author's Note » gonna make this section short :3 i'm only doing backstage pass after this and that'll be short too, two more oneshot books (+ japan), and then the book is done
nsfw is next tho
Referenced Movie(s) » Spring Breakdown (2019)
- - -

DAY 2
ON DECK

where's the pharmacy —It seemed no one was taking Applejack's seasickness seriously, not to point any fingers. However, you like to think she would help anyone in need if she had the resources, so you were looking at a map of the cruise ship.

the gift shop? weird —It seemed that all buyables were in one location, only then separated by interior sections. Dash was leaning over the railing, stalking the currently absent magic, and you weren't trying to stop her anymore as she kept her promise yesterday.

"I'm going... here." You didn't actually know where to go so you would follow the color-coded route on the map.

Dash turned around. "What are you buying?"

"Getting seasickness pills for Applejack."

"Oh, I can go with you." She pushed herself up and followed you.

You smiled, folding the map back in threes. "Letting 'the magic' out of your sight?"

"Don't mock me." You laughed.

"I just think you're manifesting it being so worried about it. It's feeding off your energy." At this, she was silent, likely seeing a valid point but too far in this to give up now.

oh, rarity's here —The store handbag she was carrying was getting rather full, but you didn't disturb her, instead going right to the small medical section in the store. The map wasn't lying.

dramamine —You turned the package around to look at the ingredients. "Do you know if Applejack is allergic to anything?"

"Not that I know of- Wait." She took the package out of your hands.

Dash smiled, "She's allergic to dramamine, that's why she won't take anything. We're not ignoring her."

"Oh, that sucks," you softly laughed as she put it back on the hanger. You supposed that you could now browse since you were here. "So she's also allergic to Benadryl?"

"...Yes."

"くそ," you chuckled. "That's just sad. Well, you can go back up but I'm gonna look around."
- Kuso → Damn

"I can stay." You turned around to go to the clothes section - an oversized hoodie caught your eye as you walked in - but you and Dash both stopped when Rarity was now talking to a male who looked very similar to Applejack. Freckles, green eyes, blond hair and all.

she's blushing, so she likes him, but he looks exactly like... —It was rude to stare so you turned to look at Dash, who looked at you with a slow smile.

"Don't even question it." You laughed with her soft chuckle. "Just... don't. It's easier that way."

"No, I wanna question it."

"Don't. It gets so awkward." She took your hand and finished the walk to the hoodie you were eyeing.

"I think Rarity needs to be told that saying 'I would date you if you were a guy' to a woman is... frankly, still very homosexual behavior." You got one last laugh before Dash covered your mouth. The girl was barely six feet away from you two.

Dash grit through her teeth, "Say something and I'm kissing your mouth shut. It. gets. awkward."

"Okay, okay! I won't!" You could barely stand.
.
.
.

"Applejack," you called as you reached the deck again, a bag of purchases in your hand, as well as a potato.

She groggily looked over, a soda bottle of ginger ale in her hand. "You should hold this."

"...A potato?"

"Motion sickness is the brain's inability to sort different stimuli, so if you give it something to focus on, it can help. I was informed you're allergic to Dramamine and Benadryl, but I was gonna buy it for you."

She wearily smiled. "Don't buy this bougie medicine. I've seen it be three times what it is at the grocery store, all 'cause you on water."

"It's fine. Hope it helps, though." You grabbed Dash by the arm before she interrogated the poor girl about magic. Applejack weakly expressed gratitude.

༻ ༺

i don't say this lightly but there's no heterosexual explanation for the genderbent rarity and applejack. it had to be addressed in here LMAO

also, applejack isn't canonically allergic to dramamine (or benadryl, which is basically the same drug) but it makes no sense that a group of friends who can accept a former bully (being former victims) and people who tried to take over and/or destroy the world didn't care that their friend was very visibly suffering lolol so i just thought of something rq

don't forget nsfw is next