六十二

Last edited » August 8, 2023
Author's Note » i think this section will actually be short (there's a screenshot of the inside of the rv at the end of the chapter if you need to visually see it, not read it)
Referenced Movie(s) » Sunset's Backstage Pass (2019)
- - -

DAY 0/2 — DAY 0
EVENING — AT RARITY'S HOUSE

You looked at Rarity's RV, specifically the inside and the bedroom that you, Dash, and her friends would be sharing at the Starswirled Music Festival. There were three actual bed compartments but a lot of floor space, and even a closet and a pre-installed television.

this is really nice —The beds haven't been assigned yet, but you had a feeling Rarity would want one to herself considering she was the owner of the vehicle and making this two-day trip possible, but perhaps her being the element of generosity could prove you wrong.

All you knew was that you definitely didn't want to have a bed, and you planned on sleeping in your fox form no matter what happened to take up the least amount of space. Dash didn't have to beg you too much to go, but you still felt a little out of place.

"Stop stressing, Princess," Dash softly laughed behind you, the RV tilting at an angle as she stepped on. You turned around.

She was smiling. "They're glad you're here, and I'm glad."

"...I was just thinking about how we're all sleeping. I'm still sleeping as a fox, though, by the way." Her expression lowered. She was not approving of your techniques to be less of a burden. "But who's getting what bed?"

Dash point as she talked, successively moving from the bottom bunk, the top bunk, and the 'middle' bunk above the television, "AJ, Rarity, and Sunset." You hummed in acknowledgment.

surprised you don't need a CDL to drive an RV —But just in case, Applejack was driving the vehicle since she had the most experience with large automobiles. Not surprisingly at all, Rarity has actually never driven her own RV, only her car.

NIGHTTIME — CAMPGROUNDS

everyone else drove cars and brought tents —You chuckled as you looked around. The large, white and purple vehicle strongly stuck out in the crowd of otherwise flimsy shelter.

"Are we looking around?" You looked up at Dash before you started getting comfortable and changing into sleepwear.

"Of course!" she laughed, grabbing your hand. "They should already have Starswirled set up, and I need to make sure they decided to use the lake for paddle boarding!"

"I thought all the events were already official on the website?"

"Well, yeah, but there was a whole bunch of last-minute additions. There's even a surprise band performing."

"Is it the Rainbooms?"

"No," she chuckled, making it to a lake. You softly laughed at her small squeak of excitement.

"We didn't bring our instruments. I actually plan to relax this time around," Dash smirked.

"That's good." April was only a couple of months ago. "You deserve it. We're finally done with high school."

"Yeah, but I'm going to college in two months. I didn't escape writing dumb essays and misleading multiple-choice questions." You snickered.

"Just know I'm always cheering you on." You two continued walking around and seeing what other events were here, planned or a surprise.

"I'll bring and eat lunch with you on my days off, if it makes you feel better." Unfortunately, the college she chose required first-year scholars to live in a dorm, but she made it her mission to see you once a week until she was a sophomore and could stay with you as she pleased. Your house wasn't too far away from campus, and she has been indirectly referencing living together her sophomore year of college, but you may or may not be waiting for Dash to say it with her chest.

"Really?!" You laughed as she hugged you. "Of course I wanna eat lunch together!"

"Just don't cheat on me and we're cool." A small part of you feared what would happen with Dash living with another girl. Even voiding your irrational worries of infidelity, it was completely normal to just lose feelings, and the risks were now especially high considering Dash didn't have to see you every day at school.

"I would literally never!" She started shaking you as punishment. You continued laughing as you grabbed her wrists to stop.

"Oh, wait, how's that Wonderbolt internship?" This actually got her to stop. You check in with her status every two weeks.

Dash sighed. "Still nothing. I checked it just before we left the RV."

"It's okay," you smiled, gently patting the top of her head. "You have a lot of highlights and a really good Snapgap following. The admission office is probably just busy since you applied when every other athlete was. You'll stick out."

"Yeah, yeah, I know: I'm awesome." You chuckled. If she truly knew and believed this, then she wouldn't be so anxious.

༻ ༺

here's the room if need/want to see it or just haven't watched the special in awhile