三十

Last edited » October 1, 2023
Author's Note »
Referenced Movie(s) » Legend of Everfree (2016)
- - -

PAPER LANTERNS

It was decided by the friend group to just ignore the magic until they all returned to Canterlot so they could enjoy a chaos-free vacation. This decision was perhaps against Sunset's opinion but she eventually conformed. All of you left the cabin upon Celestia's announcement of making and lighting paper lanterns being the final activity for the day.

what's that thing on Gloriosa's neck   —After aimlessly looking around, you noticed the necklace. It looked tribal, consisting of five different colored rocks. From right to left were pink, blue, orange, white, and yellow.

"You didn't make a lantern?" Dash pout as she looked over at you.

You shrugged as you looked at her. "I wasn't that interested, so I didn't wanna waste paper for someone who might be more interested than me."

"...Hm. Aren't paper lanterns a big thing in Japan?"

"I mean, it's a thing, but I think it's more popular in China. Japanese do use it for traditional lighting purposes, but I just didn't wanna make a lantern, it's nothing cultural. Just lazy." Dash looked at you for a few seconds before handing you a marker.

"Write something on mine. I don't care where."

she likes how japanese looks    —You wrote 'これは私の財産です (`_')ゞ' on the (debatable) front.

Dash genuinely tried to read it but gave up with a smile. "So, what does it say?"

"これは私の財産です; 'This is my property.'"

She then squint. "Debatable ...but you should also throw it in the air."

"Dash, it's fine—I'm fine, really."

"I know." She hand you the lantern.

THE NEXT DAY
MORNING

You woke up from the sound of your alarm. Groaning as you reached under your pillow to grab the electronic box, you often envied your intelligence. Because you let your phone be locked up at night, you relied on the clock that every student was given to wake you up, and you kept it under your pillow so it was impossible to ignore.

There was one pro, though: the stuffing of the cushion acted as a muffler. Wallflower has never woken up from your morning routine and you were certain that she does not fake slumber. You were a (self-proclaimed) expert in human behavior and confident that you could tell by Wallflower's breathing if she were awake.

Stretching before getting up, you grabbed your 'caddy' and the outfit you pulled out last night. You weren't willing to find out how awful your outfit-coordinating skills were early in the morning.

Quietly opening the tent - careful to not let the cool breeze in - you were surprised to see that you were the only one coming out. Since the second day here, you've been using a very common interval of time (6:30 AM) for an alarm, so either the majority of the camp took night showers (for whatever reason) or you were the last girl to wake up.

women are so pretty   —You waved to your classmates who heard you coming in. Some were dressed, others in a towel and waiting to dry off.