三十九

Last edited » October 29, 2023
Author's Note » the Ethereal Plane of Memories is a made-up name, but pretend it's the same space where twilight was initiated/became an alicorn
Referenced Movie(s) » N/A
- - -

a forest   -Celestia turned around once you four reached the center of a clearing. Looking up at her yellow, glowing horn, you exclaimed when you were engulfed by an aura of the same color.

"You have my apologies." This seemed to be directed at Twilight and Dash. "But I believe she would appreciate being alone for this."

Princess Twilight and Rainbow Dash blinked as they watched the two suddenly disappear. Looking at each other, Twilight was the first to sit down. She knew this could take some time from personal experience.

"So, like," Rainbow Dash started, "Are the pony-me and pony-[Your name] dating yet?" She cheekily smiled as Twilight's expression faltered.

"Not that I know of." Rainbow Dash groaned. "Is that important?"

"...No, just wondering." She sat down, sitting on her bottom and crossing her legs. Twilight showed clear confusion and borderline concern.

WITH PRINCESS CELESTIA AND
[YOUR NAME]

You didn't retain much consciousness as you and Celestia traveled, unlike traveling through the portal. However, you did have to open your squeezed-shut eyes. Looking around, you were in some sort of plane. As far as the eye could see, there was white; nothing for miles.

Celestia's voice started behind you, "I'm sure you've learned that you're a kitsune by now?"

You turned around but she walked to be in front of you. "Yeah."

"As someone with your origin, I'm sure you know much more than I could tell you." Images of a nine-tailed fox appeared around you. "But with your flawed memory of traveling to other realms, I hope I can offer some insight."

that better not be me. kitsune die when they have nine tails, and that only happens when they're 1,000 years old   -"I have ruled Equestria for thousands of years, but Luna has only recently joined me. However, you already had your first tail and were a full-grown fox when my sister and I defeated Discord."

"You're much older than I am," she softly laughed, turning to you.

you're kidding   -"...I'm 1,100 - at least - years old?- Wait..." You looked around.

"Is this Heaven?" Celestia laughed.

"No. This is the Ethereal Plane of Memories. Here, all the significant events in your life can be presented to you." She summoned one of you growing your ninth tail.

i'm technically dating a minor. no one cares about 17 and 18 but 17 and 1,100. why am i here? why do i concern myself with high school when i have unlimited power

i mean she's great and all but why am i here   -"Are my parents also kitsune?"

Celestia's expression softened as she looked back at you. "Kitsune have no family lineage, not like mares and stallions. As you once told me, you are all related but not because you all share a parent: because you all are loyal to a God."

"...I'm an orphan? That doesn't even-" You took a moment to think.

In all actuality, this could not be possible. You just saw your parents in July, and you text them every day. You could maybe suppose you were delusional if Dash hadn't met your parents before you all left for the vacation.

Not a FaceTime call or a text, Dash met your mother and father in person and had a real conversation with them. And even if this was an act of love to not break your heart - hypothetically, you could assume that you had severe schizophrenia - your parents' company was known worldwide. Dash knows all too well how much wealth you are going to inevitably inherit.

You have memories of being with your parents, other people have memories of your parents. They've called Canterlot High before, and where have you been going all these years for a month straight?

There was simply no way.

"...Respectfully, that doesn't make sense. I've hugged my parents- Dash has hugged my parents."

She softly sighed. "When you 'died'," you could hear the implied quotation marks as Celestia summoned a replay of Dash hovering over your corpse, "it felt like nothing happened, yes?"

Celestia looked down at you as you watched the video. It was truly a hard watch. Dash looked utterly and completely heartbroken when she felt your neck, and then your chest to again feel nothing, "Not slumber or unconsciousness, but like nothing happened? As if you simply blinked?"

"...Yeah, so?" You've always been apathetic.

"You cannot re-experience death, [Your name]. Not even your magic can mimic ascending to the Heavens. You always knew this was going to happen, because you planned it, and you did what you could, but it was a feeling you could not replicate."

Another video appeared. It was 'you' again but in your kitsune body. "You have very powerful magic because it is out of this world. You were not born in Equestria but you traverse all realms of space and time to combat eternal death."

You were casting a spell of some sort. Red was your chosen aura. "Your magic is so powerful that you can subject every living being in the realm you are entering to a spell. You manipulate time and space to force yourself into preexisting history."

"And that is what has happened here. The logic you believe to know about your 'parents' is simply magic. You enjoy trickery and in every dimension, you make yourself 'solve the mystery' and find your true self. You've been doing this for centuries."

am i the villain? that's actually insane

Celestia sighed, stopping the videos. "And I've never agreed with it, but no one can tell you otherwise. I think you're torturing yourself. You remind me a lot of Luna. She once created an entity called the Tantabus to punish herself for her actions as Nightmare Moon."

Celestia turned around. "This marks your evolution, [Your name]. You will have to discover your magic now. You didn't give yourself much of a choice."

"...Well, what if I don't?"

"Your ears stay. You were confident that this would force you to learn eventually." You watched her horn glow again, but this time the aura engulfed you

...again.

༻ ༺