二十四

Last edited » September 30, 2023
Author's Note » short little chapter, just to separate friendship games and legend of everfree. i won't make you guys wait long
Referenced Movie(s) » N/A
- - -

MID-OCTOBER
SECOND PERIOD — CHEMISTRY

Twilight transferred to Canterlot High shortly after the Friendship Games, and considering junior year had only started a month ago, her transcript was easy to pass over.

Like you, she was an IB student and was enrolled in several of your courses. If it wasn't for her elective being Business and Finance, you would have every class with her.

Concerning the events at the Friendship Games, Twilight was quickly forgiven by all for she was clearly, unwillingly coerced into her decisions.

In some respect, this quick forgiveness made you wonder if Sunset Shimmer held any resentment towards Twilight for she had to dedicate a lot more effort into her redemption, but in Twilight's defense, the circumstances were severely different. However, there were no signs of envy, so you didn't think about this theory too often.

You continued to set up your dimensional analysis to solve the stoichiometry practice problems that the teacher gave the class. At this point in the unit, balancing the equation was a regular step. At first, the equation was already in its simplest form or balanced already.

the next friendship games is... i'll have graduated from high school a year ago: 2019   —The next major event that the school was hosting was a camping trip. However, this was technically still to be determined as the logistics, finances, and timing were currently being discussed.

Though, Principal Celestia promised that the trip was during Spring Break, which apparently made not too many people sign up. Thus, a charter bus could easily fit all of those who said they were interested in a survey. When the news spread further throughout the school, Rarity was immediately inspired to make her own outfits for the week-long vacation, both for herself and her friends.

To your surprise, the latter included you, and even Twilight. A few days ago, Dash asked you for your measurements per the request of Rarity, who wanted to make you a two-piece romper. By the time Dash actually came to you, a sketch was already done, so you've seen a preview. It was actually something you'd wear.

You looked over when you heard your phone buzz on the table.

Today 9:23 AM
ダッシュ 🌈💨

are you gonna have a lot of work
this week
like school

I shouldn't
Why?

no reason
wear something you can walk in
on Saturday

Are we going on another date?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

idk
let the surprise be a surprise jeez

SATURDAY MORNING
[YOUR NAME]'S HOUSE

Walking downstairs to see who was the owner of the knock at your door, your expression brightened when it was Dash.

However, remembering her text, your head tilted to the side. "The date is here?" You were under the impression that 'wear something you can walk in' implied going out.

"Nah." She walked in, taking her shoes off. "I just wanted to spend the day together before we actually go. I will be blindfolding you for the car ride, though."

You snickered. "It's that serious?"

"Mhm." Dash kissed your cheek before grabbing your hand.

She led you to your bedroom. Sitting down on your bed when she urged you to the mattress, she went into your closet and looked through your stack of board games. Mahjong caught her eye.

"What's this?" She set it on the bed, gently taking it out of its box.

"Mahjong. It came from China, though, but I really like it." Dash sat on your bed, her left leg curling under her bottom.

"So... it can be played many ways but my dad taught me how to count when I was younger by playing Mahjong Nines. I know the other versions but this one is simple. You get 36 rectangles - 9 by 4 - and it's scrambled so you'll have each other's tiles."

"And there's Dots and Characters. I'll give you the dots since you can just add them together and put them in chronological order." You scrambled the pile of suits before creating two 9x4 rectangles.

"I'll teach you as we go. Use this," you hand Dash one of the dots. It was a six. "Put it in the sixth column because that's how many dots there are."

The next suit she pushed out was eight dots. "Put that in the eighth column."

Dash smiled, "Oh, this is easy!" The turn would play in her favor until she pushed down her fifth column. You got a two, but your turn was very short-lived for you immediately pushed out two dots.

In less than two minutes, it was evident that Dash was going to win. This was further emphasized by her finding the Dragon suit first, but she paused as it wasn't recognizable. She showed it to you with a confused expression.

"You can put it anywhere, but once it's there, you can't move it until you get the character that it's replacing, then you can just take it out. It's a substitute." She chose her third column but a two on your side came out. Eventually, however, Dash won.

She loudly cheered, her arms flying up, "Let's go!" You softly laughed as you clapped for her.

"This is lame, though. That took, like, 5 minutes." You deadpanned.

A FEW HOURS LATER

"...You took me to a haunted house for a date?" Dash laughed as she put on your wristband. Your blindfold was removed just two seconds ago.

"You have me, Princess!" She kissed your forehead. "I won't let anything happen to you!" Dash took your hand and led you both in.

"...Long-term, anyway." You quickly looked at her, making her snort. "I can't stop the workers from doing their job."

You groaned as you two got closer to the large entrance, "やばい... I don't like being-" You and Dash grabbed each other as a person jumped in front of the double doors. You weren't even in the building yet and the terror was already starting.
- Yapai.. → Risky...

Dash laughed through her fright. "If we actually need to go, just squeeze my hand really hard."

You fixed your hair, "Yeah."

༻ ༺