Side story 1 : Rimuru visits Tbate (3)

Arthur pov:

As Rimuru left the carriage again and this time in proper attire she sat down on the trunk, the trunk was besides mine and my Mom.

I then picked up a stick with a roasted bunny on it and devoured it, Rimuru had also taken a bunny and ate it slower than I did.
I don't know why, but everytime I get distracted I start thinking about Rimuru and I know it's not love, because in all my years of being alive I've felt love only once and it's not now, it's probably because of how mysterious she truly is.
After a minute of discussing with myself I then looked in front of me and saw Rimuru staring back at me with an expressionless face, I quickly looked away and pretended like nothing happened.

We then got up and started packing up our stuff.
After that we moved onto the carriage and started our way towards Xyrus.
______
Rimuru pov:

We're currently near a cliff and I can feel a group of bandits a slight bit in front of us, I'm not gonna notify the twin horns or the guests since I don't have any evidence to prove it, so I just yelled "Stay on guard, were approaching a cliff and bandits tend to ambush people in this type of place!"
Everyone quickly got on guard and started looking around and after a few minutes the bandits decided to pop up and reveal themselves.
The twin horns got in formation and started attacking, I also started taking down some bandits here and there.
In the corner of my eye, I could Arthur and Alice making a run for it and an arrow heading straight towards them, I immediately rushed towards them and deflected the arrow redirecting it towards the bandit that shot it, I quickly yelled "Get your mother and run!" After I said this, Arthur took off with his mother and ran towards the forest, but as he looked around his eyes went wide and and started searching for something, after a few seconds I noticed the water ball heading towards them and Arthur pushing his mother out of the way.
As Arthur threw his knife towards the bandit he pulled the knife and took the bandit with him, I quickly jumped after them and notified the twin horns of his state and survival, his parents sighed in relief and asked me to keep an eye on him, I decided to honor their request and help Arthur on his way to Sylvia's cave, she looked at me and then at the little boy in my arms and said "I didn't know you had a thing for young ones." As she said this I looked at her and refused that statement.

After Arthur woke up, I introduced him to Sylvia and explained where we are, he looked at me and asked "How are my parents?", I just looked at him and said they were alright, he heaved a sigh of relief and quickly turned towards Sylvia.
He than tried to move his arms and move away from Sylvia, but he immediately stopped as pain shot through his body.
____
No pov:

Arthur was looking around and noticed Sylvia in the shadows, he tried to quickly get away, but his muscles were aching and he stopped struggling instead looking at Sylvia and asking who and what she was.
Sylvia just answered with a calm and soothing tone that made Arthur let down his guard and layed down on the stone floor beneath him.
Sylvia had said "Wouldn't the ache be gone after you absorb mana into your core?" Arthur took this advice and started to absorb mana into his core, his core being completely full started to refine itself and push itself towards solid-orange. Sylvia noticed this and quickly stopped the boy from refining his core even more, the human body can't grow at the same rate as his core and would break down if he went to fast.
Arthur had considered it and stopped absorbing mana, because even if he did keep going it was okay, he didn't have a human body after all, but he acknowledged that he had to train his mana control in order to keep up with his core progress, but at the speed he was going it would be hard to do that.

Arthur started to get hungry and was offered a fruit by Sylvia, he quickly devoured it and laid down in satisfaction, he the looked around and noticed Rimuru sitting down on a nearby stone platform.
Arthur was a little shocked and asked "What are you doing here?", Rimuru looked at him and answered "This is kind of my home here.", Arthur was baffled by the answer and started going about several different possibilities about how Rimuru made herself at home here. Arthur quickly looked towards Sylvia and she said "If she wants to reveal it than she will, but I'm not gonna reveal her secrets.".
Arthur was wondering what Sylvia meant with this and started to slowly close his eyes and his breath fell into a rythmic pattern.
___
Sylvia pov:

"Why did you bring him here? I know the boy had incredible potential but why bring him here?"
I was panicking on the inside because of the trouble this would to.
Rimuru looked at me and like the past two years just calmly looked at me and said "It's the will of the world, it asked me to bring him here and let him be taught by you."
I knew what she meant, since I could feel the ripples of aether coursing through the space around him.
"Why me?"
It's because it's you that it wants you to take of him and even if I didn't bring him here, he would've still ended up here." She said and I thought about before asking "So it was fate?" "Yes." Was the simple answer I received but told me more than necessary.
____
The end.
Hope you enjoyed the side story.