Rank examination

After 2 months of exploring every library and swiping through every piece of news about this chiliocosm, Rimuru and Shiraori finally decided that they knew enough about the world and we're ready to take step 1 towards the destruction of the galactic empire.

The first step would be to take the mercenary/adventurer test in order to obtain a high rank in society capable of influencing decisions regarding the city and the surrounding environment.

The rankings are as follows
From lowest to highest:
F = Rookie
E = Newbie
D = Beginner
C = Intermediate
B = Veteran
A = Expert
S = Master
Ss = Grandmaster
Sss = Monster
Z = Demi-god

Most people start at F and slowly make their way up, but if you do exceptionally well, than there is a chance that you'll be allowed to start at a higher rank.

There is also the method of connections or bribery where you pay to get a higher rank.
This method is mostly used by nobles or just incredibly rich people.

The test consists of several challenges,
The first one measures magic,
The second one is a spar
And the third one tests you survival capabilities .

Rimuru and Shiraori arrived at the guild and signed up to take the test in order to get a high rank.

Another 20 minutes later, a short man with grey hair and a moustache walked out of the backdoor and glared sharply at Rimuru,
Rimuru returned the glare and added a bit of ice magic to it in order to make the examiner shiver under her gaze.

The examiner gave an approving nod and proceeded to glare towards other participants in order to make them quit, in the end, out of the 42 participants, only 24 remain, which was more than the examiner expected, but they passed the test of courage.
The test of courage isn't an actual test, but is to see who are worthy of taking the actual tests, because if they run under the gaze of an examiner, than what would they do when confronted with an actual monster.

As the examiner walked through the door he just came out of, he gestured for everyone to follow.
After walking through the door Rimuru noticed the engravings on the walls besides her and gave them a curious glance.
The examiner noticed Rimuru's glance at the engravings and decided to explain.
"Those engravings on the walls make up a story from about 2000 years ago, there are older ones as well, but these are the oldest we could get our hands on. I myself have been lucky enough to witness one from 9500 years ago and that was a story depicting about 20 Z-rank adventurers being killed by a god that didn't want to join the galactic empire, these murals form a story about how a hero slayed the evil god 2000 years ago, ther hero is still a hot-topic these days."

The participants were enraptured in the explanation and only snapped out of it once they reached a massive concrete room with a magic crystal in the center floating above a complicated machine with a screen above it.

The examiner went up to the device and said
"This is a magic measuring device, it can accurately measure the amount of magic you have, I'll demonstrate."

The examiner walked up to the device and placed his hand against the crystal before then channeling his magic into the crystal.
The crystal glowed a light-blue color.
The screen above it started rapidly rolling through the numbers before stopping at '24108'.
"This is my magic score and in order to pass this test you have to hit the requirement of 100.
It may seem low, but the average E-rank has 200 points, only double of this."

Most people tensed up and the first one came up to the crystal. "Please do mention your name before placing your hand on the crystal." Informed the examiner.

"Shirou Ziyao" said the participant before walking up to the magic crystal and touching it.
The screen started scrolling through numbers again before landing on '142'. The examiner said
"For those who passed go stand at my right and those who failed stand at my left."

After almost everyone had tested and only 9 passed the test while the other 13 failed.
Shiraori went next, "Name is Shiraori Tempest" she then placed her hand on the crystal while only channeling the bare minimum of her magic into the crystal.
The screen displaying the numbers frantically moved before stopping at '162,804'.
Everyone was gobsmacked before Rimuru also placed her hand on the crystal.
"Rimuru Tempest" and the screen showed '138,913'.

The examiner quickly showed the failed people towards the receptionist while guiding the people that passed towards an open ground.

There would be one person who goes twice and that was decided by picking sticks.

Rimuru had the unfortunate stick and had to go twice.

The first battle was between Rimuru and Zack.
Zack was a lean build man with black hair and grey eyes.

Zach got into an offensive stance with daggers present in both hands, when the examiner shouted "Start!" Zack instantaneously appeared before Rimuru and swung his dagger towards her wrist in order to disarm her without any fatal attack

"Start!" Zack instantaneously appeared before Rimuru and swung his dagger towards her wrist in order to disarm her without any fatal attack.
Rimuru replied by simply unsheathing her sword and swinging it in a vertical line towards Zach's head.
Zack seeing this had decided to block Rimuru's sword with his daggers that shattered on impact, Zack looked terrified before feeling a wooden sword lightly tap his head. He looked up and noticed the wooden sword pointing at his neck.

The examiner shouted "The winner is Rimuru.
Next up is ...."

After all other fights were finished there was Shiraori vs Shirou and Rimuru vs Gast.

Shirou was a small girl with a massive sword that was double her size, she had blond hair with twintails and green eyes that radiates the feeling of nature.
Gast was a semi-transparent man with long brown hair and pupil-less eyes. As a weapon Gast used a scythe, this matched his ghostly appearance.

Shiraori's match was quickly finished when Shirou tripped over her own sword and landed right in front of Shiraori's scythe. Shiraori pitied the girl and let her try again.
This time the girl had managed to swing her sword fully and cleaved the trees behind them completely in two. Shiraori decided to retaliate and swung ger scythe horizontally twords Shirou's neck before stopping right beside her.
Shiraori was decided to be the winner.

During Rimuru's match against Gats was left undecided because Gast couldn't touch Rimuru and Rimuru's sword simply went through Gast completely ignoring Gasr in favor of destroying the nearby forest.
The examiner declared it a tie.
From the 11 that participated in the spar, 8 remained, the other 3 were incapable of actually fighting and Shirou who was one of those three had an exception and was to be trained under the examiner for a full year starting tomorrow.

Now was the start of the final test.
________
The end.
Hope you enjoyed.