Preparations

This is basically just a slice of life chapter, so for those that want action, you'll have to wait a little longer.

(10 years later)(During summer)

Rimuru pov:

For the last 10 years, we've been living pretty normal lives.
We 'returned' from the other world at 16 years old, graduated at 18 years old and got our diploma, Shiraori went to university for 2 years and now we're both 26 years old on official papers.
Even though we're both 92 and 48 years old in real age, the official papers dictate our limits in this society and there are too many people that know us, so we can't take it either.

Shiraori opened a clothing store and I opened a furniture store, I only work with wood and metal, after all, the few hours I spend watching over Kaijin and Kurobe payed off.
My shop has been doing pretty well and Shiraori has been making a lot more money than what was spend on the store, she doesn't have to spend a lot of time making them either with her threads.
Shiraori's store is actually very popular with high schoolers these days.

Today I have a different goal, and for that I need to visit a jewelery.

After walking a few minutes, I stumbled upon a jewelry store and walked in, I was greeted by cool air and a refreshing smell.
The clerk behind the counter asked "What can I do for you, miss?" I asked "Do you have any raw materials here?"
"Yes, we have a few in the back."
"Can I buy those?"
"Sure, what would you like?"
"White-gold and a ruby, please?"
"Very well, coming right up."
The clerk walked through the back door and came back out a few minutes later.
"Sorry miss, it seems we've run out of white-gold, but we do have a ruby."
I replied "No worries. How much is the ruby?"
"The ruby would be 6,450,000 yen.
If you want white-gold, there is a pawn shop around the corner, they might have it."
"Thank you." I said while sweeping my card over the machine.

I left the store and walked around the corner to see a shabby pawn shop. When I walked through the door, there was an old man with a hat sitting behind the corner, reading a book that I haven't seen before.
The old man looked up as the bell rang and gave me a small smile and asked "What can I do to help you?"
"The jewelry in the street beside us mentioned that you might have some white-gold in stock."
He replied "I do indeed have a little in stock, so how much you need?"
"50 grams should be enough."
The old man walked to the back of his store and walked out with a piece that weighed roughly 53 grams.
"That'll be 400,000 yen."
I handed him the bills since he didn't have a card reader and walked back out.

When I got back home, it was already time for dinner. I saw Shiraori approaching our house.with a haggard look and opened the door while saying
"Welcome back." She replied "I'm back."

Shiraori plopped herself on the couch and I started setting up everything for dinner.
I got the potatoes, cutlets and broccoli.
Shiraori absolutely hates broccoli, but it's all I have in house of vegetables at the moment, that reminds me, I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow.

I started by putting my two pots of water on fire and letting them boil, meanwhile I cut the broccoli in small pieces and peeled the potatoes.
When the water started to boil, I put the potatoes in, and the broccoli in the other pot, I also turned down the fire. I then seasoned the potatoes with some salt and pepper with a bit finely minced garlic.
The cutlets were then put inside of a pan after I let the butter melt, I also seasoned the cutlets a bit, but Shiraori doesn't like strong tastes all that much, doesn't mean she can't eat though, her few years in that labyrinth proved that point.

When food was finished, I dressed the table with two plates, forks and knifes, as well as cups of water. Water is for some reason a lot tastier than when I was still human.

After dinner I proceeded to wash the dishes, while Shiraori was watching tv.
After I finished the dishes, I sat down next to Shiraori. After two hours, she fell down on my lap and in response, I started caressing her hair.

An hour later, it's 9pm which means it's time to take a bath.
I went upstairs and turned on the bath and let it full with water, to preserve money, I would use fire magic to heat up the water and since Shiraori has sensitive skin, I didn't make it to hot.

I went back downstairs and dragged Shiraori upstairs into the bathroom, when we got there, I undressed and helped Shiraori undress as well.
After we finished changing, we both went into the bath, Shiraori let out a huge sigh of relief and a small smile crept up on her face.

After washing our hair and relaxing in the bath, we dried ourselves and changed into pajamas.

Till 11:30pm, we kept watching tv.
After that, we went to our bedroom and slept.

The next day I woke up with a clear mindset and changed into my clothes, since it was a Saturday, I could let Shiraori sleep in a little bit.

I then ate breakfast and immediately after, left for grocery shopping.

After lunch I headed to my workshop, where I changed into my work attire and took out my materials form yesterday.

The white-gold was molten down and poured into an already shaped mould. The ruby was refined into a beautiful shape.
After both shapes were finished, I put them together and the result surpassed what I had in mind while making it.

__________
The end.
Hope you liked it.