Side Story 1 : Rimuru visits Tbate (4)

Rimuru pov:

I've been looking at Arthur for the past few months and I'm impressed by the speed of his improvement, if it weren't for Sylvia saying that he had to let his body get used to the mana core then he would've probably exploded or reached white core before so the explosion doesn't happen, the white core stage changes your body after all.
I in the meantime have changed my temporary mana core into white stage and have been experimenting with Aether, the moment I asked Ciel to copy it and create it in my Imaginary space, she had done it without hesitation.
The experiment was to see if I could form a core of Aether and see if I can help Arthur with it, the experiment went well, but I can't help Arthur with it yet, the process is too painful and if it weren't for the body I gave him than it would've been impossible, so now I'm trying to discover a method that would allow me to give Arthur the Aether core.
Back to me, I formed an Aether layer around my mana core and started integrating them, but it seems that the Aether is a lot stronger than mana, but the Aether is still capable of being integrated at the moment, because when the second layer is formed than the Aether will instantly overpower the mana core and shatter it, so I've gotta be very careful to make sure that the two energies harmoniously flow through the body instead of trying to occupy eachothers place.
I've also created a second Aether core and I started to layer it until I couldn't add another layer anymore, which was very impressive because there was still room for a few extra layers, but I just don't have the power of my original body so 21 layers is the max for now, which I feel is still much stronger than anything on this planet, the density of the 21-layered Aether core is enough to destroy this planet and this puppet body is only at like high-universal level, my true body could probably stack a few tens of layers on it, but I can't.

The air suddenly started to vibrate a little and I could sense one of those 'scythes' that I've heard of before from Sylvia, the wound on her stomach was now simply an illusion if she was ever found and Arthur knew about it, this was because I healed it and didn't want to let the enemy's know that there is someone capable of healing a wound like, but it seems it's time for Arthur and I to depart.
Sylvia will be fine, she's after all gotten much stronger ever since I arrived and healed her, I can still sense a few beings stronger than her, but the scythes are definitely no match for her.
___
Arthur pov:

What's this pressure? I was just training and this pressure suddenly appeared and I knew that it wasn't from Rimuru or Sylvia, while this aura was big, it wasn't anything the both of them couldn't handle. But what surprised me was that Rimuru jumped in my direction, since the portal was almost done it was time I could go home, but Rimuru picked me up and looked at Sylvia, a moment later the world froze and everything except for Rimuru and Sylvia was affected by it.
Sylvia said "Arthur it is time you leave and start your journey." I looked at her in disbelief and started tearing up, i asked "Why Sylvia, there is so much I've still got to learn.".
She gave me a smile and replied "An enemy is here and that means I can no longer take my time of day to teach you everything, but before we depart I will give you my gift. For my final wish until we meet again, could you call me Grandma?".
I looked at her in surprise with tears streaming down the side of my face and hugged her "Of course Grandma, I hope we will see eachother again soon.", She nudged me with her snout and showed a very happy smile "Well then, it's time for your gifts."
As she said that she bumped her snout against my chest and handed me a shiny rock with a feather around it. (Yes, Sylvia has turned back into her original form a little after Rimuru arrived.)
She then unfroze time and I collapsed onto my knees with my hand gripping my chest, the shiny rock that fell from my hand wes picked up by Rimuru before she picked me up, Sylvia than emitted a light-purple aura as the portal finished and the ceiling of the cave collapsed. Rimuru jumped through the portal before I even had time to ask. "That was the enemy." Rimuru replied in the coldest tone I had ever heard, but I was still more worried about Sylvia, Rimuru noticed my look and said "She will be fine, there are only few who could beat her." This relieved my worries.
She then took a tent out of her ring and took out two bedrolls, as it was dark we quickly crawled into our bedrolls and fell asleep.
___
The next morning
Rimuru pov:

*Yawn* I'm still tired but the sun is already up and we gotta set out on our way back home, let's first start with breakfast and waking Arthur.

I was roasting a wild rabbit with Arthur sitting beside me with a down look.
I knew how he felt as I also quite likes her company, but it will take a while before our next meeting and we also have to prepare for the battle against the scythes and possibly Agrona, for now I'll help him by adding a layer to his mana core, that way he could start assembling it while still being in the dark-yellow stage.
That way he might have fully assimilated with it by the time he reaches white core, I've last night also completed assimilation with the Aether layer and am now starting my second layed since there is an insane amount of Aether in my imaginary space.

I was preparing to take a bite off my rabbit until I heard "AAAAH HELP ME HEL--
_____
The end.
Hope you enjoyed the cliffhanger as well as the chapter itself