Side Story 1 : Rimuru visits Tbate (5)

Arthur pov:

As soon as Rimuru was about to take a bite from her bunny we heard a scream, the scream came from around 50 meters away and was asking for help.
Rimuru got up as soon as she heard it and I followed suit, I dusted off my clothes and jumped into the trees.
After a few jumps we saw a group of slave traders struggling to keep the elf in their arms, Rimuru looked at me and I understood what she wanted, she wanted to wait until the elf was alone inside the carriage and then kill all the slave traders, this way the elf wouldn't see the body's.
So we waited for 10 minutes before she calmed down and was put in the carriage, another slave trader came with a rag and was about to step into the back of the carriage when I jumped down and cleanly sliced his head off with my mana infused hand, Rimuru had also jumped down and took care of the hounds with a wind blade.
I turned around and was met with the three other slave traders and before they could even move I had sliced the neck of the mage, the other two were shocked and tried to run away but they quickly dropped to the ground with their legs remaining in place, the two slave traders looked behind them to see what had made it them trip before realizing that their legs were still standing and they fainted.
Rimuru walked towards the corpses and flicked her wrist and the corpses disappeared.
Rimuru than cleaned our clothes from the blood and opened the cloth covering the carriage, the elf inside the carriage has beautiful gunmetal-grey hair and teal eyes that resembled gems.
After I realized that I was staring a bit too long I quickly looked away, Rimuru noticed this and quickly smirked in my direction.
Rimuru reassured her that she was safe and took her hand,heading her out of the carriage and introducing eachother "My name is Rimuru and what's yours little one?".
The beautiful little elf replied "Tessia."
I added "My name is Arthur Leywin, nice to meet you." I held my hand out and she took it after a little bit of hesitation.
Tessia was dressed in a white dress with golden accents and golden shoulder pads in her dress.
Rimuru said "We'll take you back to Elenoir little one, so can you guide us in that direction?".
I looked at Rimuru and asked "What about my parents?", She looked at me and said "Your parents know your safe and well, but her parents are not, I'll ask if they have something or someone that could let us talk to your parents, but we need to make sure she gets home safe first.".

As night fell we were setting up our tents and eating the stew that Rimuru was preparing until Tessia went to sleep, Rimuru than said something that I would probably stay thinking about for the next few months, "Arthur, remember what I'm about to say. Arthur is Arthur and Grey is Grey, a person can only identify as one being so who are you?
Are you Grey or are Arthur, the lonely man who lived for revenge or the child that still has his family and a whole live in front of them?"
At first I was surprised how she knew, but it quickly clicked as I remember Rimuru being unfrozen during the time stop when Sylvia called me King Grey, but she shouldn't have known what my life was like. So I asked "How do you know about that?"
"Sylvia called you King Grey and your eyes sometimes give away how you feel."
If she managed to figure that out from simple gestures than I wouldn't be surprised if she was someone with a high position in the continent, nobody could just tell someone's situation by mere gestures.

During the night I kept thinking about it and I don't completely understand what she meant.
'Arthur is Arthur and Grey is Grey." Does she mean to say that I'm Arthur and Grey is just the person who I got the memories from, that I'm not Grey, but I'm Arthur who was given Grey's memories, does that even make sense?
No it made no sense, but neither did reincarnation.
This is seriously giving me a headache and that means it's time to sleep.
_____
5 Hours later,
Rimuru pov:

As soon as the sun started rising I woke up Tessia and asked her to keep an eye on Arthur while I would go gather breakfast, she nodded in response and started blushing a little, I really wonder how little kids fall in love so easily.
I've been single for over 79 years and only 4 years ago did I find Shiraori my loved one.
At first I questioned how long it would take for the class to encounter something exciting, but when I checked I noticed that not even a single day had passed in the last 3 years.

When I returned to the camp it was already half an hour later and Arthur was slowly waking up, so I just started preparing breakfast for us three and the smell immediately woke up the sleepy Arthur.
Tessia looked at Arthur with a bit of surprise and also started digging in.
After we finished our meal, we set off for Elenoir again and this went on for the remainder of the week, Tessia had been talking a lot with Art these day and even started calling him by his nickname Art.
Art felt a little uncomfortable, probably because he had started delevoping feelings for Tessia and with his memories of Grey, he felt guilty, probably even thinks he has a thing for little girls, but it was simply because he's still a child.
Even though he has Grey's memories and soul, he's not Grey, he's Arthur and only 3 years old, Grey is a different person sealed away inside of this child's memories and soul, he just has to realize that.
____
The end.
Hope you enjoyed it.
You'll have most likely noticed quite a few differences between my fanfic and the novel, but that's because I don't remember the start that well anymore, so I'm just improvising on the little pieces I do know.