Chapter 25

Today was the day of the reunion.

Yu Yuan showed up wearing the beautiful dress Li Na had selected for her. The dress was a cobalt blue calf-length body con. At the top, the off-shoulder was embellished with expensive rhinestones and at the bottom was a frill. It also had a mid-thigh silt. The dress accentuated her beautiful body, while its color contrasted with her creamy skin nicely.

Her makeup was light, and she looked gentle and well-behaved. But something about her aura stopped people from approaching her recklessly.

Her dangling earrings swayed as she looked for familiar faces in the crowd. Soon she heard a familiar voice.

"Yu Yuan!"

She turned and spotted Li Na."

"Yu Yuan! You look breathtaking. No one here stands a chance against you."

"It's not a competition."

"Of course, it is. Just wait someone will send themselves over."

Yu Yuan rolled her eyes, feeling helpless.

Li Na's eyes sparked, "Guess who I heard would be attending the reunion this time?"

Yu Yuan glanced at her, slightly confused, "Who?"

"It's Zhang An!"

Yu Yuan made a voice of realization, "Ahhh. Your first love."

Li Na quickly attempted to silence her. "Hush! Not so loud!"

Zhang An was another male god in their high school then. The only difference between him and Li Wiezhe was family background and grades. Zhang An came from a more ordinary family but had better grades compared to Li Wiezhe.

Li Na had a serious crush on him, but she delayed confession out of shyness. When she finally gathered the courage to confess, news came that Zhang An had gained a scholarship at a prestigious university abroad and had traveled.

This way, Li Na's first prospective relationship was sharply cut off. After so many years of distance, little feelings still remained, and she looked forward to seeing him again.

Now Zhang An had returned. Rumors had it that he was very successful now, working for a big company, and was still single. Even if it wasn't the theme of this reunion, many ladies aimed to find a successful classmate to start a relationship with, and Zhang An happened to be at the top of their list.

If anyone learned that Li Na had feelings for Zhang An and was looking forward to seeing him again, she would instantly gain competitors and enemies.

"You don't know how fierce our former female classmates have become. They are like wolves dressed in dresses and heels. They have their sights on Li Wiezhe. Even I am a little scared of them," Li Na shuddered.

Yu Yuan chuckled, "You shouldn't be afraid of a little competition."

"It's not that I'm really scared of them but I'm afraid of the annoyance they bring. Speaking of something annoying. Gu Meiling is here already. She came with her fiance. She has been strutting around with her eyes above her head. It's like the words "Everyone is beneath me" are etched on her forehead. I ran into her and I almost couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes."

"I'll try to avoid her." Yu Yuan didn't feel like playing house with someone that still acted like she was a queen bee in high school.

"I'm afraid that's impossible. Since she heard that you were coming, her minions have been waiting for you to arrive so they can make a report. She's probably on her way now."

"Is that Yu Yuan?"

Speak of the devil.

A man and a woman were approaching them. They were Gu Meiling and Li Wiezhe. Behind them, a group of people also tagged along. Some were supporters, but most were just interested in watching a good show. They were aware of Gu Meiling's one-sided beef tiff with Yu Yuan.

Gu Meiling's facial features were cute and delicate, but she wasn't beautiful. With makeup, her 5 points of beauty would be boosted to 7-8 points. Her features ought to be seen as endearing, but her arrogant and spiteful eyes lowered her attractiveness.

She was wearing a flaming red dress for the reunion. Unfortunately, she couldn't handle such a domineering color like Su Rong. Instead, she looked like a poor imitation.

"Gu Meiling, long time no see. You look much better than the last time we met." Yu Yuan asked.

The graceful smile that had formed on Gu Meiling's face froze for a moment. The last time that came to her mind was when she ambushed Yu Yuan with her group of girlfriends. On that day, Yu Yuan toyed with her until she nearly experienced a breakdown.

After her experience, she didn't even have the guts to use her parents' influence to threaten Yu Yuan. Because that time, she had a strong intuition that it wouldn't make things worse.

Since then, she always took a detour when she saw Yu Yuan.

For this reason, no one in high school had the chance to discover Yu Yuan's background.

That memory put a damper on her mood and reminded her of the kind of devil Yu Yuan was. But she quickly shook it off. This wasn't secondary school anymore. It was the real world, and she had more power and influence than Yu Yuan.

Her younger self was the stupid one for being so scared. Now, Yu Yuan couldn't do anything to her.

Based on her facial expressions, Yu Yuan could tell what was going on in Gu Meiling's mind. She inwardly sighed. It looks like Gu Meiling became more stupid the older she grew. She had better not cross the line.

Li Weizhe, who was beside Gu Meiling, spoke, "Yu Yuan, it's good to see you."

Li Weizhe wasn't called a male god for no reason. He had a handsome face and a gentle temperament. With a slight smile on his face, he looked like a gentleman and gave off an aura of reassurance and security.

All of these were outward appearances. Who knew if he was as he presented himself to be.

Yu Yuan turned to him and nodded in greeting. "It's good to be here."

Gu Meiling, who witnessed this simple interaction, instantly became jealous. "Yu Yuan, you probably don't know this, but Li Wiezhe is my finance now."

With an eyebrow slightly raised in fake surprise, Yu Yuan responded, "Is that so? Wow, congrats to you two."

Gu Meiling, who didn't get the reaction she was hoping for, felt like she had just punched cotton. She was about to continue speaking when their former class president interrupted. "Everyone is here now. Let's go in. Thanks to Gu Meiling and Li Wiezhe, we were able to get a room here. Let's not forget to thank them."

The hotel they were at was one of the best. No one knew its owner, but it was very luxurious and difficult to get in. Even Gu Meiling and Li Wiezhe were only able to get a room due to an influential relative of Gu Meiling.

Gu Meiling raised her chin like a peacock and waited for the praise to flow in. Truly, people didn't disappoint.

"Wow! Really?"

"I'm so envious."

"Thank you Gu Meiling and Li Wiezhe."

"Who would have known that we had such an influential couple among us."

Amidst these praises, Gu Meiling stole a glance at Yu Yuan, but Yu Yuan's face still carried the same slight smile she had on from the beginning.

How annoying!

She thought that at this reunion, she could take the chance to show Yu Yuan that she was better than her and make Yu Yuan feel inferior. But so far, Yu Yuan was yet to show any of the reactions she wanted.
She hated how untouchable You Yuan appeared.

Amidst her dissatisfaction, a sinister twinkle appeared in her eyes. She would find a way to embarrass Yu Yuan later.