Chapter 48

Not long after, a black car pulled up right in front of the entrance. The back seat door at the right was pushed open, and Yu Yuan alighted the car.

Seeing the person he was waiting for had arrived, Assistant Lin immediately went forward. "Madam, welcome."

Her lips gently curved upward as a small smile appeared on her face. "Assistant Lin, good afternoon. Did Huo Wei tell you to wait for me?"

"Yes, ma'am. Since the staff are unfamiliar with you, Boss sent me here so you won't be stopped on your way in."

She nodded in response.

Yu Yuan had two bags in her hands. Assistant Lin's gaze shifted to one of those bags. It was made from dark gray fabric with a faint herringbone pattern. The top had a small handle and, an inch below it, a zip that went all around. Assistant Lin recognized this type of bag. No wonder Boss didn't order anything. He was waiting for a love bento.

Without sparingly a second, Assistant Lin led Yu Yuan through the door. They couldn't let Boss wait for too long.

The staff noticed Assistant Lin returning and quickly adjusted their posture. They had to look serious at work, even if they were not. From the corner of their eyes, they stealthily observed the person who entered with Assistant Lin.

A graceful woman with an air of confidence walked behind the CEO's assistant. Her beauty wasn't exactly stunning, but her presence was magnetic. They couldn't help but take a few more glances as they pretended to focus on their work.

Thoughts rippled in their head. Assistant Lin was very respectful to her. Was she really the new madam?

As the staff watched them step into the elevator, some of them thought to themselves, 'That lady seemed somewhat familiar.'

Yu Yuan stepped off the elevator on the last floor into a spacious corridor. Her low heels that hit the gleaming marble floor made tapping sounds.

The secretary stationed not far from the entrance stood to welcome her. They rarely had any visitors on the top floor, but each of them was very important. This guest seemed even more important since the right hand of the CEO was her guide.

Assistant Lin led Yu Yuan to an elegant wooden door decorated with frosted glass. "This is sir's office."

Yu Yuan nodded and pushed the door open. Assistant Lin watched her enter without taking a step. He wasn't a fool who would interrupt their two-person world.

Huo Wei's office reflected the person. Everything in the office was in varying shades of white, black, and gray. There were a couple of paintings hanging on the wall, but their colors adhered to the monochrome theme of the rest of the office. To sum it up in a few words, the decorations were tasteful but cold. The only vibrant color in the room came from the pots of green plants placed in different corners. They diluted some of the cold atmosphere in the room.

Yu Yuan turned to observe her husband. Although cold in demeanor, his otherworldly face brought more light into the office.

He wore a pair of earbuds and was engaged in conversation with his laptop in a foreign tongue—Yu Yuan recognized it as German.

Huo Wei had sensed her presence the moment she entered. With a gentle, almost imperceptible motion, he silently gestured for her to sit. He was currently on a call with one of their partners, but the call would end very soon.

Yu Yuan made her way to one of the sofas and placed the lunch bag on a coffee table in front.

Five minutes later, Huo Wei said a few words of farewell and ended the call. He pushed his chair back and rose to his feet, his long legs carrying him towards Yu Yuan.