Chapter 29

Assistant Lin was away running an errand for the Patriarch when he heard someone had wandered into the private area reserved for the Patriarch. It was even worse when he heard that the person was Miss Yu.

Without daring to delay, he quickly finished his errand and rushed back.

"Did you find out what happened?" Huo Wei's cold voice sounded.

Assistant Lin had his head bowed as he answered, "Yes, I did.".

The incident of someone wandering into this area was a mistake that shouldn't have occurred. Whenever Huo Wei had a special business, like today, the entire floor was off limits even though the area used was secluded, and the possibility of wandering into it was minimal. Now it could be seen that that precaution wasn't for nothing.

Most of the operations in the hotel were automated. When unavailable, floors were marked on the system to avoid bookings.

The staff had been informed of Huo Wei's visit in advance, and the floor should have been marked as off-limits on the system, but whoever was in charge clearly forgot. Therefore, seeing that the floor was available, one of the rooms was assigned.

It was simply a case of dereliction of duty.

One had to say, for Yu Yuan to find her way here, it was simply luck. This was so because the layout of the floor made it difficult for anyone to run into the secluded area by accident.

Assistant Lin was worried. Miss Yu was the only woman in which his boss ever showed interest. Who knows how their relationship will turn out after today? Most likely, it wouldn't be good news. Sigh! He would probably be walking on eggshells for the next few days.

He snuck a peek at Huo Wei, trying to gauge his mood, but nothing could be read from his face.

"Sir, what should we do to the staff?"

"Fire him."

Just firing him? It seems like the Patriarch's mood wasn't that bad.

Assistant Lin was wondering why when Yu Yuan opened the bathroom door.

Huo Wei watched her walk out of the bathroom. "You're done?"

"Hmm."

Yu Yuan examined her dress. She managed to reduce the smell of wine, but the stain remained. She still felt uncomfortable with the dress on, so she wanted to go home and change.

"Are you ready to go home?"

Yu Yuan nodded in response.

"Then how about I take you home?" The words were a request, but he said it in a tone that allowed no disagreements.

Yu Yuan raised an eyebrow. "I brought my car."

"Give me the keys. I'll get someone to drop it off. I want to take you home."

Hmm. A little smile inched its way to Yu Yuan's lips. How domineering, but she wouldn't pass off an offer to ride with Huo Wei, so she agreed.

Assistant Lin, who was watching on the side, wiped off his sweat. For a moment, he was afraid Yu Yuan would decline. The Patriarch would not be pleased. But then again, how could she accept? Her psychological qualities must be strong.

Although, that was probably to be expected. Many times, Miss Yu's demeanor made him forget that she once served in the military and carried out classified missions. Someone like that wouldn't be chicken-hearted.

While thinking about it, Assistant Lin's eyes lit up. Perhaps Miss Yu really was the one. If she was, then better days were ahead!

Oblivious to the acrobatics going on in Assistant Lin's mind, Yu Yuan got into the car. The Maybach was low-key on the outside but luxurious on the inside. She gave her address to the driver and relaxed in her seat to enjoy the ride. The seats were really comfy.

Huo Wei glanced at her. "You changed your residence?"

"Hmm," her languid voice sounded. "I didn't want to stay in the hotel for too long."

The rest of the drive was silent, and they arrived at the address in no time. Yu Yuan made to get out when she heard Huo Wei's low voice, "You won't invite me in?"

She turned around with a smile and replied slowly with another question, "Why should I?"

"You promised you would invite me for tea."

Huo Wei's face didn't betray any emotions, but a predatory light quickly flashed by his eyes.

"Ahh. I promised that, didn't I?" A hint of recollection appeared on Yu Yuan's face. Only she knew if it were true or false. "How about I host you another time? It'll be too rushed if I did today."

Huo Wei looked deeply at her for a moment before agreeing, "Hmm. Don't forget.".

"How could I?" She pushed the door open. "See you later."

Huo Wei's eyes lingered on her retreating figure until she entered the building before he moved his gaze.

Back in her apartment, Yu Yuan didn't get the chance to change her clothes before Li Na called her.

"Yu Yuan, I was expecting your call for a while. Did you get home safely?"

"Yeah. I just got back home now. I ran into someone I knew and was delayed."

"Really? Who?"

"A former business partner." The rest of the story had to be hidden from Li Na.

"Oh."

"How did it go with Zhang An"?"

"It was perfect," Li Na sighed dreamily over the phone. "He was so nice. He hasn't changed a bit since I last saw him. We even exchanged numbers."

Yu Yuan chuckled. "Good for you. Listen, I have to change my clothes and take a shower. Let's talk some other time, ok?"

"Oh! How inconsiderate of me! Go do your thing. Bye, love!"

"Bye." And the line was disconnected.

The phone landed on the couch, and footsteps could be heard heading to the bathroom.

After her shower, Yu Yuan picked up her dress, intending to send it to the dry cleaner later, but something caught her eye.

It was a bloody handprint close to the hem of her dress. She had almost forgotten it existed. It looks like a dry cleaner wouldn't be possible

Some luck she had running into him in that situation. Speaking of which, his priorities were rather skewed. Shouldn't he have asked if she would tell another soul what she witnessed and not if she was afraid of him?

Did she look like a trustworthy person who wouldn't spill the beans?

While Yu Yuan was pondering, she didn't know Huo Wei still maintained his position at the entrance of her apartment building.

He had been there for quite a while now. His chauffeur didn't dare drive without his orders. Huo Wei looked deep in thought, thinking about who knows what.

After some time, the chauffeur summoned the courage to ask a question that had been bothering him for a while. "Patriarch, the lady..."

"No need to worry about it. She's a smart person."

This chauffeur wasn't your regular chauffeur. He was part of Huo Wei's forces and only drove when Huo Wei was taking care of matters that couldn't be handled in the open. As a loyal subordinate, he was worried Yu Yuan would say what she shouldn't.

Huo Wei could tell he was worried about that. Every other person asides from Assistant Lin was concerned, but Yu Yuan was intelligent. She knew what could be said and what couldn't.

Huo Wei glanced at the apartment building while fiddling with his cufflinks. The more he watched, the more inscrutable his gaze became.

"Drive."

"Yes, Patriarch."