Chapter 43

They all agreed to meet at a popular nightclub for their mini party today. When Yu Yuan arrived at the location, the day's business had started picking up, and customers were gradually filling up the place. She was the last to arrive, so she went to the private room number Li Na sent to her without wasting time.

When she pushed the door open, she heard laughter. It seems like the two got along well.

They noticed her presence at the same time.

Li Na perked up. "The bride is here!"

Su Rong joined, "But you are late. Come down a shot in apology."

A smile appeared on Yu Yuan's face. "Yes, ma'am."

She filled a shot glass with alcohol and downed it in one go. The burning feeling slid through her throat and warmed her belly.

"I see you guys get along well."

Li Na replied, "Of course we do. Yu Yuan, your eye for people is amazing. Su Rong and I are just a few steps away from becoming sworn sisters."

Her eyebrows moved up. "What's this? Out with the old, in with the new?"

Su Rong faked a sorry expression, "It wasn't our intention. It's just that you ranked up and left us single. Hence we only have ourselves left to comfort each other."

Yu Yuan made a face of realization. "In that case, please become sisters. My husband is too precious for me to join your ranks again."

"Pah!" Li Na pointed at her while facing Su Rong. " See, once she got a man, she abandoned us."

Su Rong smiled coquettishly. " You can't blame her. If I had a man like that too, I wouldn't mind forgetting even family."

"You are thinking of defecting too?"

"Even if I wanted to, I can't do it as well as Yu Yuan did. Only she has the ability to enter the lion's den and tame the lion. Such a skill I dare not claim to possess. I can only look up to her in awe."

"Indeed, she's worth looking up to. She dares say and do the thing no woman dares to do but can only dream of." Li Na raised her glass, " Yu Yuan, I drink this in a toast to you."

Yu Yuan watched their antics in amusement. "Are you all done? Did we come here to celebrate or tease me?"

"Can't we do both?"

Yu Yuan felt helpless. It seemed like she wouldn't hear the end of it today. Just then, a phone rang. It was Su Rong's phone. Who knew who was calling, but her smile quickly turned to a sarcastic one with a hint of disdain. She cut off the phone without a second look, but the caller was persistent.

They called three more times. Yu Yuan and Li Na watched Su Rong cut the call all three times.

With a look of annoyance, Su Rong finally answered the fifth call. She hadn't even spoken when the person on the other line shouted. His voice was so loud that everyone could hear it without using the speakerphone. "Su Rong, you evil woman. What did you do to Su Qing? Didn't she already apologize to you? How could you harm such an innocent girl?"

Su Rong rolled her eyes. "What? Did she come crying to you again? I'm surprised her tear ducts haven't dried up with the number of times she cries daily."

"Is that what you have to say? You won't apologize?"

A look of disdain appeared on her face again. "Apologize? I'm not even pursuing the fact that you cheated on me with her while we were still engaged. You know, I always thought you weren't worthy of me, but I decided to compromise for my mother's sake."

The person's angry voice came from the other side, "What do you mean by that?"

She continued like she didn't hear him. "Who knew your dog person wouldn't recognize what was good for you and hooked up with my stepsister? I'm very happy you broke off the engagement.

"I know you are just saying that because you are hurt."

As if she had heard something funny, Su Rong laughed out loud. "Sure, whatever floats your boat. I already told you two not to appear in front of me and disgust me. I don't need an apology. Tell Su Qing to stop jumping like a clown before me, offering fake tears and apologies. Otherwise, I'll make things very difficult for her. You know I'm very capable and don't care about what people will say." With that, she cut off the call.
Yu Yuan asked her, "Your stepsister is causing trouble for you again?"

Su Rong scoffed, "She can only try. In fact, she did a good deed this time and helped me get rid of a dog."

Yu Yuan raised her eyebrows. "She didn't learn from the last time?"

"She didn't learn for over 15 years. How could she be suddenly enlightened now?"

"What happened this time?"

Su Rong sighed and explained everything.

The person who called was Wu Zhong. He was the second son of the Wu family, another reputable family in City A, and her fiance for two years.

Usually, Su Rong wouldn't even look at that kind of man twice. She could tell he was fickle and irresponsible. But their mothers were good friends and had been talking about marriage since they were young. She didn't want to disappoint her mother, so she accepted her arrangements.

Although it looked like she accepted on the surface, she was just bidding her time. Wu Zhong's private life was messy. Even though he claimed to be a changed person for the sake of his fiancee, she didn't believe him. She waited for him to show his true colors and give her a reason to break off the engagement.

And honestly, he didn't disappoint. Not only did he cheat on her, he did with her stepsister. Such a dishonorable thing they dared to claim they were truly in love.

Who knew what lies her sister fed him? In his eyes, she was a wicked woman who bullied her innocent sister and wasn't suitable to build a home with. The issue at the banquet was a good excuse for him to break the engagement.

Not only did he break off the engagement, but he also announced his new engagement with her sister. Of course, her good sister most likely influenced that last decision.

And that heifer, thinking she had regained face among the upper-class, frequently showed up in front of her with a pitiful face apologizing while, in fact, rubbing it in her face.

The only thing that served to do was disgust her. They both suited each other. A green tea bitch and a fickle idiot! He couldn't even think properly. Did he even know how she got into the banquet in the first place?

Patriarch Ji's birthday banquet wasn't something anyone could get into. Su Qing probably had to seduce an ignorant young master with a good enough background to get in. That idiot was already wearing a green hat before he even got married.

Li Na exclaimed, "Wow! That kind of thing happened? It sounds like it's from a movie. It's good you got rid of him early."

"All would be great if only they stopped appearing in front of me," Su Rong sighed.

Yu Yuan leaned over to pour herself a cup of wine. "Just teach them a lesson. If one isn't enough, teach them two. If two still isn't enough, teach them another until they get the message."

"I like the way you think." A devilish glint appeared in Su Rong's eyes.

Li Na shuddered. "It looks like some people are about to get unlucky." She handed Su Rong a glass of wine. "Let's toast to that."

"Cheers!"

Author's Note

Oops! Late again.