Chapter 52

After hanging out for a while, everyone nodded goodnight, and Yu Yuan and Huo Wei returned to their room.

Immediately after the door shut behind them, the atmosphere became charged. Without words needed, Huo Wei pulled Yu Yuan into his embrace and lowered his head.

Yu Yuan felt feverish at this moment. The tension had been building all day. It was subtle at the stables and escalated during their kiss under the tree. It had taken all her willpower not to focus on it during their gathering. Even at that, scenes would flash across her head from time to time.

Now, the fire that had been suppressed finally exploded. She couldn't think of anything except getting closer to him until their bare skins were glued together.

Clothes were being tossed left and right as they made their way to the bedroom. When they landed on the bed, their last piece of clothing was gone.

"Let me touch you," she whispered.

Huo Wei stared at her with eyes filled with a brewing storm and didn't respond.

"Please," she whispered again. It sounded like she was begging, but her seductive tone said otherwise.

His hoarse voice sounded, "Don't regret it."

Yu Yuan was filled with anticipation. As they knelt on the bed, she ran her hands across her husband's marbled body, feeling every muscle and contour. She experienced a different kind of pleasure, and the flames in her body burned higher.

Her fingers gently brushed over his spine, and she could feel his body stiffen. She felt more empowered, and her actions became bolder.

Huo Wei was still as a statue while he allowed and watched her play with his body. But the storm in his grew terrifying.

Yu Yuan was too preoccupied to notice the approaching danger. Her hand caressed his abs up to his chest. Her nails scratched one of his nipples. Feeling curious, she bowed to run her tongue against it. And there was no next time.

She felt an overwhelming force, and she was on her back, lying on the bed. In the next second, ferocious lips were on hers, plundering wantonly. Once she was out of breath, he let her have a short moment of respite before continuing. This went on until she was dazed and no longer had the strength to take the initiative.

Huo Wei looked at his wife, all flushed on his bed. He was so hard it was painful. He ran his hands across her hips, tracing out her tattoo. Her body trembled in response.

"I've been wanting to pull the clothes off your body all day. Just at the mere thought of it, I could feel all my blood rushing downwards. I had to restrain myself. After the stunt you just pulled, you better not regret it.

Yu Yuan didn't have the time to question him when the storm overwhelmed her. There was the first round, the second round, the third round, and more. Yu Yuan lost count eventually. Who knew that little stimulation would result in this situation? Huo Wei was insatiable. Alas, it was too late for regrets. She could only bear the consequences of her actions.

They continued until the early hours of dawn before he finally let her go. Looking at the satisfied smirk on his face, Yu Yuan wanted to punch him, but she couldn't even muster the strength to scold him. She fell unconscious immediately. Huo Wei embraced her tightly and fell asleep.

Sunlight streamed through the windows but was blocked by the curtains. It didn't matter, though, because daylight couldn't be hidden.

Huo Wei was the first to awaken. His wife was right in front of him, locked in his embrace. He lowered his eyes a little and could see the marks littered across her pale skin, evidence of last night.

Part of his was tempted to reenact at least a small part of it, but while he was awake and full of energy, Yu Yuan was tuckered out. He couldn't bear to wake her up.

Huo Wei buried his head in her hair and took a big inhale before moving lower to drop a kiss on her neck. He gently separated their limbs and got off the bed as lightly as possible. Coming to her front, he rearranged the blanket to cover her properly. After confirming that Yu Yuan's sleep hadn't been disturbed, he dropped a final kiss on her forehead and headed to the bathroom.

Thirty minutes later, he was right before the door of another room in the resort. The door opened to reveal Luo Hai's face. Seeing Huo Wei, Luo Hai pulled the door wider and let him in. "Cup of coffee?" He asked.

"Sure," Huo Wei replied.

Luo Hai walked into the kitchen and came out a few minutes later with two cups of coffee. He placed one on the table before Huo Wei and settled into a sofa, holding his own.

"What brings you to my lonely room instead of spending some quality time with your wife?"

Huo Wei went straight to the point. "How do you make someone fall in love with you?"

The hand that held the cup of coffee to Luo Hai's lips paused. He slowly placed the cup down, but the shock in his eyes was undeniable.

Xie Chang might have known Huo Wei for longer, but Luo Hai, who was more astute, understood Huo Wei more. When Huo Wei first admitted that he had someone he was interested in, he was surprised. Still, he could tell that Huo Wei's feelings leaned less toward affection and more toward obsession and possessiveness.

Which was why he wasn't too surprised when he discovered they had gotten married. It was in line with Huo Wei's personality of wanting to have everything he desired exclusively belong to him. But this was different.

Huo Wei asking this question meant that his feelings had grown beyond expectation and were borderline close to love if they weren't already there.

"You...you actually..."

Huo Wei looked at his friend dead in the eye and said, "Yes."

Hearing the admission, Luo Hai was bewildered.

"But how long has it been?"

Huo Wei, of all people. He expected that it would have taken a couple of years, at least with Huo Wei's cold personality.

"It doesn't matter." Huo Wei replied.

Luo Hai finally took a sip of his coffee to gather himself.

"But from my observation, you two get along very well. It seems she already likes you. I don't think you need any advice."

Huo Wei's brows furrowed slightly. "It's not enough."

Of course. Huo Wei never did things in half. He wanted everything.

Luo Hai nodded. "You come to the right person. Xie Chang is not smart enough, and Song An is a playboy only good for giving advice on how to pick up girls."

Huo Wei nodded. Luo Hai was the one who had more meaningful and lasting relationships even though they never got married. But Huo Wei was more confident in his ability to improvise.

Luo Hai spent the next hour giving an intensive lecture on how to win a woman over. By the time it was over, he felt mentally drained. He had to dig deep into everything he had to find useful advice.

Huo Wei, who had gained a lot, was very pleased. He glanced at the time and stood up to leave. Yu Yuan would be waking up soon.

Luo Hai watched his friend's actions, speechless. He felt like he had just been used and was about to be tossed aside.

"Wait, before you leave."

Huo Wei turned to look at him. His eyes were slightly impatient.

Luo Hai seemed to hear a small piece of his heart break a little. He pulled out an invitation and gave it to Huo Wei. "For my father's birthday banquet."

Huo Wei accepted the invitation. It was addressed to him and his wife.

"It's a good opportunity to introduce your wife to the circle too."

Huo Wei nodded. "I'll be there."

He said a few words of farewell before leaving this time.

Luo Hai shook his head before getting up to make himself another cup of coffee. The one on the table had gone cold long ago.