Chapter 44

A few hours later.

Yu Yuan looked at her watch and sighed. Then she looked at Li Na, who was flat-out wasted. How long had it been? How did she get so drunk?

She felt a headache coming up. Li Na was a bad drunk. When she gets drunk, she dares to do things she wouldn't dare do sober. Things that would cause her to bang her head on the wall in shame the next day. But Li Na never learned. At every opportunity, she would still pick up the bottle.

Yu Yuan really hoped that particular trait of drunk Li Na didn't appear tonight.

"Yu Yuan!" Li Na yelled.

"What?"

Li Na sat up straight, trying to look serious and maintain eye contact with Yu Yuan. Too bad her eyes were creating multiple versions of Yu Yuan. Since she couldn't tell which was the real one, she decided to maintain eye contact with all versions.

Yu Yuan stated at her nearly cross-eyed friend and restrained the urge to whack her up the head while Su Rong tried her utmost best to restrain her laughter.

Feeling good after succeeding in maintaining eye contact, Li Na began, "How could you get married? How dare you get married before me?! I want to get married too, you know. I want to get married to Zhang An." As she said this, she collapsed back into her chair, and as though feeling sleepy, she mumbled, "Our babies will be so cute."

"Hmm," Yu Yuan replied perfunctorily. "I'm sure they would."

Su Rong looked on in amusement. "This is amusing."

"Of course, it's funny. Until you get caught up in one of her bad drunken decisions, and you have to clean up after her."

Su Rong raised an eyebrow, "Bad decisions?"

With the gaze of an old timer, Yu Yuan proceeded to narrate the chronicles of Li Na the Drunk.

Unfortunately, if they weren't so engrossed in their conversation and had paid attention to Li Na, they would have discovered that she wasn't passed out drunk.

Li Na whispered to herself, "I want to marry Zhang An. Why hasn't he proposed yet? I'm going to call him and ask him why." Then, she pulled out her phone and dialed a familiar number.

"Hello!"

Yu Yuan and Su Rong: "...!!!"

Su Rong asked Yu Yuan, "Did she do what I think she did?"

Before Yu Yuan could reply, they heard Li Na say, "Zhang An, don't you want to get married? Why haven't you proposed to me yet?!"

Yu Yuan and Su Rong: "!!!"

Yu Yuan covered her eyes in embarrassment.

Li Na pouted. "No, I'm not drunk."

The person on the other side seemed to ask a question about her location, and Li Na gave the name of the club they were at, including their room number. The person said something and then hung up.

Li Na looked up and giggled like an idiot, "He said he's coming to pick me up."

Yu Yuan sighed, "At least I don't have to find a ride for you." Then she turned to Su Rong. "How about you? How are you getting home?"

Su Rong waved her phone. "I already texted my driver."

"Alright."

Yu Yuan felt a vibration in her bag and pulled out her phone. The corner of her lips lifted when she saw that it was Huo Wei calling. She placed the phone next to her ear.

Huo Wei's deep voice came from the other side. "How's the party going?"

Yu Yuan glanced at Li Na, who had finally passed out drunk. "We are done."