Chapter 55

Her senses seemed to sharpen, and every sound in the room amplified. Yu Yuan advanced towards the bed. Standing beside the bed, she feigned collapse, sliding onto the floor with the bed frame as her support.

Beads of sweat pooled on her forehead, adding to her weak and helpless look, but the intruders were careful. They didn't approach immediately. Instead, they hid in the shadows, waiting to be sure that the drug had taken full effect.

The room was silent except for Yu Yuan's breaths that were coming in short pants. She pretended to try to move, ensuring her movements looked as laborious as possible. Then, she gave up.

Watching her movements, the intruders felt assured and emerged from their hiding place. They slowly approached her and stopped some distance away. They loosened their guard after making sure she had no reactions to their presence.

One of them spoke, "Boss was right. This drug is really effective. I thought it would take much longer than that. In case she noticed anything and tried to escape, I was even prepared to block the door. "

His partner replied, "Boss must have prepared for this meticulously. We only have to do our jobs."

The first speaker looked at his partner with a vulgar smile. "Say, if we do a good job, can we ask the boss to reward us with a little of the drug? It'll be very useful for taming some of those arrogant misses."

His partner glanced at him in disdain. "This kind of sophisticated drug. Do you think he will let us have even a bit? Do you know how much it costs and the connections needed to obtain it? Let's just do our job."

A hint of anger flashed across the other's eyes, but he held it in. He turned to the woman on the floor, and a lewd smile appeared on his face. As if afraid of missing out, he moved faster than his partner and finally approached the bed.

His partner noticed his movements, and the disdain in his eyes increased.

The man bent down and reached out his hand to pull her up. That's when Yu Yuan struck.

With lightning speed, she stabbed multiple acupuncture points in his legs with her sharp hairpin. The intruder didn't know what hit him. All he felt was quick stabs of pain that quickly turned into numbness, forcing him to lose his footing. Before he could react, he received a heavy blow on his solar plexus that knocked him out.

The partner that had followed behind him was too stunned to react. How was she still awake with this much strength? Even if her tolerance was high, the drug should have at least weakened her.

Although his thoughts were spinning, his reaction was quick. He swiftly moved to subdue her, but he wasn't fast enough. He only succeeded in capturing the hand that held the hairpin. While the other hand stabbed towards his throat, delivering a deadly strike.

Feeling short of breath, his hand holding Yu Yuan let go immediately to clutch his throat, and in this manner, he followed the date of the first after receiving a blow on his head.

Immediately after the last one fainted, Yu Yuan collapsed. It had taken all her strength to subdue the intruders. The effects she had been trying to restrain came rushing like a dam. It took strong will for her to remain conscious at this point.

With laborious movements, she pulled out her phone and made a call.

Back at the banquet, Luo Chun kept glancing at his watch. From time to time, he would sneak a look at where Huo Wei was seated as if trying to make sure he hadn't noticed anything amiss.

In a while, some people would arrive at the changing room and catch Yu Yuan in the act. Those people were guaranteed to make a huge scene about it. Everyone at the banquet would know.