Chapter 51

Luo Meili had another scowl etched on her face but turned away. Out of sight, out of mind.

She had come to see the kind of woman Huo Wei had married. She couldn't believe that he found a woman to settle with, but reality had slapped her in the face. Huo Wei and his wife got along very well. Although Yu Yuan wasn't as beautiful as she was, she had an overwhelming presence that relegated her to a backdrop.

But she was unwilling to accept it. She should have been the one by Huo Wei's side. Unfortunately, she could only swallow her resentment. Her brother had warned her not to do anything. Luo Hai might look and act like a gentleman, but he could be ruthless when he needed. Fear filled Luo Meili when she remembered her punishment the last time she misbehaved.

By the time they had finished riding, it was almost time for dinner. They all decided to go to the resort not far from the equestrian center. The resort belonged to the Luo family. Their outing this time was actually a weekend getaway, and it was this resort they would be spending the rest of their weekend.

Just as they approached the check-in counter, they encountered a group of people who just finished checking in.

Yu Yuan was a little surprised because she recognized one person from this group. It was Qin Huifen.

Qin Huifen was the first to notice them. She also appeared slightly surprised, but she quickly greeted them.

Another person, who Yu Yuan assumed was the leader of the group, seemed to recognize them as well. To be precise, he recognized all of them except herself.

A huge smile blossomed on his face, but intuition told her that he wasn't that friendly.

Yu Yuan heard Luo Meili whisper something like a curse. "Luo Chun."

Was that his name?

"Elder brother, fancy seeing you here. I didn't know you would be here with Luo Meili and your friends. If I had known, I would have arranged for our friends to have a gathering together. Although, it's not too late." As he said that, his eyes seemed to flicker a little in Huo Wei's direction before lingering on Yu Yuan.

The gentle smile on Luo Hai's face had faded a lot since they met this brother of his, but he remained polite. "This is a surprise for me, too. There's no need for a gathering. We don't want to intrude on you and your friends. Plus, we just intended on a small gathering amongst ourselves."

"Is that so?" The smile on his face faded a little, like he was disappointed. "In that case, I hope you have a great time with your friends." Then, he led his group away.

From the surname, Yu Yuan could tell they were related, but she didn't know in what way. Plus, their relationship didn't seem harmonious. Even Luo Meili had a displeased look on her face. She was very curious about their relationship, especially since Qin Huifen appeared to be very familiar with Luo Chun.

Luo Hai brought them to check in, and they went to their respective rooms to freshen up before meeting for dinner.
Dinner was a very pleasant affair if one could ignore Luo Meili's still sour face, which Yu Yuan did perfectly.

Xie Chang was a blabbermouth and told stories about Huo Wei's life in high school. He spoke about the one time Huo Wei had been chosen to act in a school drama as Prince Charming for a school festival in order to generate more traffic. The number of girls who signed up to audition for Cinderella nearly broke the doors of the drama club. The competition was so intense it led to multiple fights and chaos. In the end, Huo Wei couldn't stand it anymore and quit, much to the regret of many girls.

Yu Yuan was wrecked with laughter, imagining what that incident would have looked like. Xie Chang would have continued if not for Huo Wei's death stare that compelled him to shut up.