8: Tetsuro Kuroo - Someone To Lean On

Requested byIonlylivefor2dmen

 It was an incredibly intense match I was playing in, being the libero for the girls volleyball team at Nekoma high school. We were one match away from the Nationals, and it had never been this close before. Both we and our opposition had two sets, and in this final one it was match point in our favour.

It seemed as though the match had been going on forever. This rally was filled with powerful moves on both sides, and as the ball was spiked by our opposition it clipped the hand of one of our blockers. The ball went flying through the air and with all my might I ran after it, leaping high over the sponsors signs and connecting the ball with my forearms, pushing it back towards the court and my team. When I landed however, I crashed into a few chairs and an ugly crack sounded.

Around me people gasped, looking at me in shock, their eyes travelling down to my leg. I glanced down and immediately pain ran through my body as I saw my leg was bent in a way it should not be bent. I felt sick as I cried out in pain, tears in my eyes as I attempted to scramble to my feet but I fell down again, screaming out.

The distinct blue uniform of the paramedics soon surrounded me, but everything was a blur. I screamed out in pain as I was lifted, landing on something soft a second later which I realised was a stretcher. Angry tears leaked from my eyes as I was wheeled away from the court, me just desperate to get back onto the court and win our team that final point.

Everything around me was blurring as I heard familiar voices of my teammates calling out to me, followed by one distinct voice. "(Y/N)!"

- Kuroo's POV -

My stomach dropped as I watched my girlfriend leap for the ball, then land very awkwardly behind the sponsorships signs. A loud scream echoed through the gym and I felt sick as seconds later I saw paramedics run onto the court in her direction. "Go... Kuro, go!" Kenma nudged me and I didn't need telling twice.

I ran from the stands out into the corridors, towards the courts entrance and saw the team of paramedics run from it, pushing a stretcher my girlfriend occupied. "(Y/N)!" I screamed out, running quickly and seeing the paramedics put a face mask over her mouth.

"Sir, please stand back," one of them tried to say.

"That's my girlfriend, she's my girlfriend!" I shouted.

"We need to get her to A&E quickly, please stand back," they said and I watched helplessly as they pushed her into an ambulance and drove away.

- Timeskip -

I sat by her bedside, not wanting to deliver the bad news. She'd been put to sleep as the x-ray revealed that her bones were out of alignment and needed to be put back into place, which the surgeon had done merely an hour ago.

Already the whole girls team had visited her, very tearful as they told me of their loss. We all knew (y/n) would try and blame herself, so we agreed it'd be best if I told her the news alone. The girls all left cards and sweets for her when she woke up, but I was still having difficulty finding the right words to tell her of her teams defeat.

A deep breath and a slight twitch of her fingers told me she was waking up. I looked at her directly and saw her (e/c) eyes flutter open slightly, landing on me immediately. "Hey babe," I quickly sat on the side of her bed, cupping her cheek.

"Tetsuro..." she mumbled. "What happened?"

"You broke your leg," I said and she looked at me sarcastically.

"Really? I meant the game, who won?"

"No one blames you (y/n)," I said and the pain that appeared on her face made my heart ache.