44: Osamu Miya - Years and Years

Warning! There are a fair few timeskips in this and I apologise, I know they can get a bit annoying but they're necessary!

 Atsumu and Osamu Miya had been two of my closest friends since I was a young girl. We went to the same junior, middle and high school and I lived on the same road as them, so we were rarely seen apart. I loved the both of them, but there was one I loved a little bit more and in a slightly different way. I was head over heels in love with Osamu.

My feelings began to develop when we were merely six years old. He always made me laugh, I constantly wanted to be in his presence and I found myself looking at him a lot. My heart sped up in his presence and I knew it was a crush at the time but what I wasn't expecting was for it to blossom into full-on, romantic love.

- Flashback - - Six Years Old -

"I know what we can play!" I ran out of the kitchen into my back garden towards the two boys, a white towel in my hand. "Weddings!" I threw the towel on my head to act like a veil.

"You look like a ghost!" Osamu laughed and I pouted.

"I'm a bride, not a ghost!" I hissed.

"I'll be the groom!" Atsumu stood proudly.

"Why do you get to be the groom?" Osamu scoffed.

"Er, because I'm the best," Atsumu challenged.

"But I'm the only one for (y/n)!"

"You just called her a ghost!"

"I didn't mean it!"

And so began another brotherly argument. I stood and watched, the towel still on my head as they chased each other around my garden, tackling each other into the flowerbeds and covering themselves in soil. I simply stood with folded arms, looking at their fight until I decided that was enough. "Quit it! Stop it both of you!" I yelled and the boys stopped, Osamu pinning down Atsumu with his fist in the air. I pulled the youngest twin off of his brother and huffed. I was one of the few people that could stop a Miya fight. "Let's just play something else!"

"Fine," the two brothers huffed, finding something to keep our six-year-old selves satisfied.

- Timeskip - - Ten Years Old -

The boys had become interested in volleyball, and as it was summer they had joined a junior volleyball club. I wanted to join the club too but my parents wanted me to have more of an academic future, so I was instead forced to go to the cram school which was next to the gym the boys would be practising in. "I want to play volleyball too!" I whined as I walked between the two boys.

"Eh, girls are weaker than boys, you won't do as well as us- ow!" Atsumu exclaimed after I punched his arm making Osamu laugh. "What, it's the truth!"

"I just don't want to go to cram school, I'll be bored out of my mind," I complained, not looking forward to having to sit in another classroom during the summer holidays.

"We'll play out tonight. We can practise some of the stuff we learn with ya (y/n)," Osamu suggested and I smiled at his offer.

"Yes, yes please!" I had started to feel flustered in his presence and wanted to be constantly by his side - more than I was already. I waved at the boys as we reached the gym and sighed as I headed to my cram school. As expected the day went achingly slowly as all I thought was playing out with Osamu... and Atsumu. My thoughts were mainly on the former however, and for some reason I was having difficulty getting him out of my mind.