16: Keishin Ukai - Old Feelings

Requested byFelixFelicis65

- Ukai's POV -

"Quit it," I shoved Takinoue as he jumped on my back, rubbing my head and teasing me.

"C'mon dude, all you gotta do is walk up to her and ask her on a date," he said with a teasing smirk but I shoved him off, feeling a blush coming to my cheeks.

"It's not like that!" I insisted, but it was a lie. It was exactly like that. (y/n) (l/n) was a rather pretty girl, attracting the attention of multiple guys. She was clever too, and kind leading her to be one of the most popular girls in the school.

"It's so like that, and I can understand why," Takinoue said and I gritted my teeth. "Relax dude, I know she's yours."

"She's not mine!"

"She won't be unless you ask her on a date," Shimida joined in after getting his lunch. I scoffed and stormed over to our regular table, resting my chin on my volleyball and sulking. My two friends sighed but stopped their teasing and sat down, eating their lunch but I wasn't hungry. My attention was elsewhere.

I watched her from afar, having not had the courage to approach her yet. I thought she knew who I was, as most people did but not through popularity - more through my grandad coaching the volleyball team. I was awoken from my daydream however when I spotted two guys approach (l/n), and they were not very friendly guys but she was oblivious to the fact, as she started chatting to them with a smile. She nodded to something they apparently requested, but I was too far away to hear what it was, but judging by their smug smirks as they walked off and the suspicious high five they gave each other, I knew it couldn't be good.

Some may have considered it creepy but I watched her out the corner of my eye for the rest of the lunch break to make sure they didn't come back. I didn't have classes with her however, so instead I watched the clock tick by slowly, hoping I could catch her again after school to make sure the two boys went home without bothering her.

The end of school bell rang and I stood up quickly, heading to the door with my two friends following close behind, however when I turned in a different direction to the volleyball gym they questioned where I was going. "Er- I need to speak to a teacher about something," I made up an excuse and before they could question me on it I ran, knowing of a place the boys could be meeting (l/n), and I was right.

There was a quiet outside area to the school, uncared for as there was no benches or vending machines in the area. It was simply the back of a building, and it was often where the bad things in school happened. I walked up to the spot and heard her voice. "Oh, do you not have your textbooks with you? You could use mine if you wanted?" She asked and I peeked around the corner to see (l/n) standing in front of the two boys, her textbooks in her hands.

"Did you really think we wanted to study?" One of the boys said and she looked as though she had been caught off-guard.

"You asked me to help you study earlier," she said and the boys exchanged smirks. One of them lunged at her, making her drop her textbooks. He restrained her arms and a look of terror washed over her face. "W-what're you doing?" She asked, her voice cracking slightly.

"You're such a pretty little thing," the guy not holding her said, walking up to her ominously.

"HEY!" I shouted before thinking, jumping out of my hiding place. "Leave her alone!"

"Who the hell are you?" One of the guys asked.

"That's coach Ukai's grandson," the other guy said, letting go of (l/n). "What, you looking for a fight?!"