23: Osamu Miya - The Mysterious Beauty

Requested byabracadasimp

- Osamu's POV -

Sweat dripped down my forehead as I ran alongside the large lake in the park, running past kids out with their parents and dogs that had been let off their leads. The trees that towered over the path provided some shade from the summer sun that was high in the sky. Usually I'd be on a run with Atsumu, but he had a date with some girl he'd been chasing after so I went alone. I finally reached the kiosk in the park which was the halfway point of my run, so I slowed to a stop, panting heavily.

I ransacked my pockets but swore under my breath when I realised I had forgotten my money. I looked at the refreshing water in the ice-bucket next to the kiosk, wondering if the man would notice me take one as he was serving a child ice cream. Suddenly however a bottle appeared in front of me, and I followed the hand that was carrying it up until I saw a girl standing there with a gentle smile on her lips. I froze as I looked at her, her (h/l) (h/c) framing her beautiful face, her (e/c) eyes sparkled and her plump lips were smiling. "Forgot your money, right? Here, it looks like you need this more than I do," she said, her voice sounding angelic.

"Sure," I finally found my voice, taking it from her and almost drinking the entirety of the bottle in one go.

"You really did need it, huh?" She said in a teasing tone.

"Yeah, thanks... I'm Osamu, Osamu Miya," I said, unable to tear my eyes away from her. Her pretty smile, her sparkling (e/c) eyes, the way she appeared so innocent were all contributing factors to the reality - the girl standing before me was definitely the most beautiful I had ever seen.

"(y/n) (l/n), it's a pleasure," she held her hand out and I took it, feeling her soft skin. "Do you run this way often?"

"When I can, yeah, it's a nice route," I said and she smiled, nodding.

"I like it here. It's the only peaceful place in the city... I've just moved here from the countryside," she admitted.

"How're you likin' it?" I asked.

"It's different... but I like it in the park. I'll have to come here again," she said, looking around the trees. A small gust of wind blew, her hair being gently carried by it and I found it very difficult to take my eyes off of her. "Well I should leave you to your run... take care, Osamu-,"

"Wait - er - I was gonna take a rest anyway so fancy walkin' 'round the lake together?" I asked and she smiled sweetly, glancing at the water.

"Yes of course, I'd like that," she said sweetly, grabbing her bag. The two of us set off around the large lake, immediately diving into conversation. "Do you go to Inarizaki high school?"

"Yeah I do, how'd ya know?"

"You're wearing their sports kit," she giggled, gesturing my burgundy shorts and black top. "I was going to go there but my parents picked me out a school that was more focused towards academia."

"So you like to write?"

"Yes, science, math and literature are my best subjects," she explained and my eyebrows raised. Not only was she gorgeous but she was bright too.

"That's impressive, you must be real smart," I said but she laughed and shook her head.

"Not really. I'm on the lower end in my class. On my last exam I only got eighty-six out of one hundred," she sighed and my mouth dropped open.

"I got fifty-six," I said and she chuckled.

"Well I assume your strengths lie in sports?"

"Yeah, I'm on my schools volleyball team," I said proudly and her eyes lit up.