27: Rintarou Suna - Let Her Go

Staring in the mirror I saw a reflection of depression stare right back at me. I tried to put on a brave face as I put a gentle layer of concealer on my skin before sighing and readying myself to face the day. Once I was at Inarazaki High School I knew I needed to put on a brave face. I never wanted to let what happened to me affect me, but I was in love with Rintarou Suna and only last week he broke up with me without telling me why.

I thought we were happy together. I was comfortable around him, and he smiled when he was around me which was something his friends admitted they were shocked by. We got up to some mischief when we were together and we were passionate when we were alone. It was, or so I thought, a perfect relationship yet after four months he broke up with me.

I let out a sigh and headed downstairs, meeting my close friend Rio who was waiting to walk to school with me. "How are you?" She asked as she always had did every time she saw me in the past week.

"Okay I think... getting better anyway," I admitted quietly. She sighed quietly and linked arms with me, heading to Inarizaki high school.

"You know he's a fool, right?" Rio huffed after a moments silence. "I mean you two were so happy. He even smiled when he was with you! I don't know what on Earth triggered this break up."

"Maybe he wasn't as happy with me as he let on..."

"Are you kidding? He smiled with you! This is Suna, who we were sure never knew how to show emotion before you came along."

"I know... I don't know what I possibly could've done that would make him end us like this!" Anger was beginning to take over my upset; I'd often fluctuate between these two emotions. We ranted about my ex boyfriend all the way to school but soon had to depart as we were in different classes. As soon as she was out of my presence, the sadness I felt came back. I no longer enjoyed going to classes, as I'd have to face the boy I didn't want to see.

I slid open the door and immediately saw Rinatrou scrolling through his phone, Atsumu Miya sat next to him. The two looked up at me and I quickly averted my eyes, heading to my desk which was next to another friend of mine: Kaede. "How are you?" She asked nervously.

"Fine," I muttered, keeping my head down.

"No you're not," she acknowledged. I couldn't help but glance over to Rintarou, feeling my heart ache as he carelessly scrolled through his phone as Atsumu spoke to him. It was Atsumu who glanced over to me and caught my eye, but before anything could happen I looked away. Thankfully the sound of the door caught everyone's attention, and our homeroom teacher came in to start the lesson.

- Timeskip -

Due to the fact I was in love with him, Rintarou was incredibly difficult to get over, but a three weeks had passed and I was beginning to feel better. I was smiling and laughing with my friends who were always keeping me distracted. Exams were coming up as well meaning my studies were keeping me pretty occupied. The only time I was distracted and felt a little bit of pain was when the volleyball team came back from Tokyo after their defeat at the Nationals by a school called Karasuno. If we were still together I would've comforted him, but we weren't so I didn't.

Life carried on. I still had my friends, I still had my family, all of whom loved me. I was getting better and was trying to convince myself that I didn't need Rintarou to make me happy.

- Suna's POV -

"Suna, 'Tsumu, wait up," Ginjima and Osamu approached the pair of us but I didn't pay attention, I was too busy scrolling through my phone as we made our way to the boys volleyball team changing rooms. "Suna, what ya looking at?" Osamu peeked over my shoulder quicker than I could lock my phone, meaning he saw the picture of (y/n) I was staring at. "Really?"