35: Tsutomu Goshiki - Loss or Victory (Lemon)

Warning! This oneshot is a lemon so targeted for those age 16+!

Requested byrubythethirdd

 The whole school and I clapped as the volleyball team of Shiratorizawa lined up in front of us in the stadium after their close loss to Karasuno in the finals of the spring tournament. It had been the first time years that our school hadn't gone to the nationals, so it was obvious that the team were shocked and heartbroken. Seeing my boyfriend, Tsutomi Goshiki, with his head down and tears streaming down his face utterly broke my heart - I had never seen him in so much pain. I knew I was going to give him the biggest hug as soon as I saw him.

We continued to clap as the team walked off of the court leaving just Karasuno who were celebrating. I glared at them; they were known as the fallen crows yet they beat our school, the best school in the prefecture.

Soon the rest of the students began to depart from the stadium so I followed, hoping to get to the team before any of them could. I quickly weaved in and out of them, heading quickly for the entrance to the courts and I saw the team hanging around, packing their bags. They were quiet, none of them speaking to each other and it looked as though they were grieving, so like a good girlfriend I went up to my boyfriend and placed my hand in his shoulder.

He looked up at me in surprise and I gave him a reassuring smile. He managed to crack a small one before pulling me in for a hug, burying his head in my neck which soon became wet from his tears. In an effort to comfort him I ran my fingers through his dark hair soothingly, hoping to calm him down and after a minute it seemed to be working. "You played so well Tsutomu," I whispered and he nodded against me. Finally he pulled away his eyes red and puffy. I cupped his cheek lovingly. "Never forget how good of a player you are. You and your whole team are incredible and I am so proud of you."

"Thanks (y/n)," he mumbled. I was missing my excitable, proud Tsutomu but I was going to be there for him especially when he was feeling down like now. Unfortunately the team had to go for a meeting with the coach, then catch their bus back to school so I bade him a farewell, wishing I could spend more time with him so he didn't have to be depressed all night.

That's when a thought came into my mind; I had met his parents a few months ago and they loved me, so I was curious to see whether they'd let me stay with him for the night. I hurried back to town and headed through the neighbourhoods, knowing I'd reach his house first as he still had to go to school and have a debriefing from the coach and manager.

With a little bit of hesitation I knocked, his mother soon answering. "Hello (l/n), this is a nice surprise," she said with a sweet smile.

"Did you happen to catch the game?" I got straight to the point and her smile turned sad.

"I did, we watched it on tv. Tsutomu's still at school isn't he?"

"Yes, I was- well I was wondering if I could wait for him here... he was upset and I hoped I could cheer him up somehow," I said and she nodded, stepping aside and letting me in. I had been to his house multiple times so I knew the way up to his room but I had never been without him here so I felt a little awkward. I just hoped that Tsutomu would appreciate me being here for him.

After forty-five minutes I heard the doorbell chime and I perked up, hoping it was my boyfriend. A few minutes later the door opened and he stood there, still looking defeated but he looked relieved to see me, walking up to me and engulfing me in a big hug. "You know you played excellently, don't you?" I whispered, brushing his hair.

"But we still lost," he mumbled against my neck.

"But you still got to the final. And there was only one point in it! You should be proud of yourself Tsutomu- I know it's difficult to feel that way right now but you were so good. You're definitely going to become the ace."