39: Chikara Ennoshita - The Party

Note: I am soooo original with my oneshot titles

 Kanzaki and I were getting ready in my bedroom for Yada's party, her having invited all of the second years in Karasuno High School. Yada's older brother had managed to get us in some alcohol, and as her house is pretty big and fitted with a pool, it was the perfect place to go for a night of partying.

"Are you going to wear a bikini under your dress?" Kanzaki asked.

"I'm not going to bother, don't want to have to dry myself off all the time," I said as I slipped into my dress. Kanzaki had picked out a simple black dress for me to wear that fitted my body shape perfectly. She started to apply my makeup, her being better at it than me. Forty-five minutes had passed and we were both ready, taking photos to commemorate.

We arrived at the party almost an hour late, and it seemed like it was just getting started. Yada's house was incredible; the large modern kitchen had a stone floor, a large fridge with an ice dispenser and a massive island in the middle which had a variety of snacks on. Beyond that was a wide glass door opening onto a garden which in the centre had a large rectangular pool. Around the pool was a wooden flooring, with lounging chairs on that. The music was blaring through a DJ set Yada had organised on the patio area just beyond the glass doors.

"You came! We were wondering when you were going to show," Yada exclaimed as we wandered through her house to the garden. Several people were chatting away on the garden furniture she had at the other end of the patio. Others were standing around talking happily and classmates came over and hugged us both. It seemed as though a fair amount of the school had come, there being a few from third year as well. We bumped into Tanaka and Nishinoya, the latter teasing the former about a nearby girl who I knew was Shimizu.

I was semi-close with the volleyball team at Karasuno, as I had tried desperately to get close with Ennoshita who I ended up having an immense crush on. It was unavoidable, he was easy to fall for thanks to his gentlemanly nature, his charming looks and his sweet personality. As my thoughts turned to my crush I had a good look around trying to see if I could spot him however he was nowhere to be found. I thought perhaps he would be mingling so I made my way to the drinks table in the kitchen, hoping to see him en route but there was no sign.

"Great party isn't it?" Nishinoya said from behind me making me jump.

"Yeah, it is... there's a lot more people than I was expecting," I admitted and he laughed, pouring himself another drink happily. I looked down at him and knew he and Ennoshita were fairly close but I was a little afraid to ask after my crushes whereabouts incase Nishinoya figured out my feelings for his friend. I took one last glance around the area, hoping I'd maybe missed him but he was nowhere to be seen. "Hey, Nishinoya..."

"What's up?" His attention was on his drink.

"When's Ennoshita coming to the party?"

"Oh, he's not. Why?"

"No reason!" I spoke quickly, my high-pitched tone catching his attention.

"Wait... do you like Chikara?" Nishinoya's troublesome eyes lit up.

"N-no of course not!" I tried to deny but I was terrible at bluffing.

"You do don't you! That's so cute, you two would make a cute couple!" He wasn't even trying to keep his voice down and a few people turned to look at us. I felt flustered and without another word I left him, heading back to Kanzaki very quietly.

"(y/n), are you okay?" She asked, seeing the nerves on my face.

"Fine," I lied.

"Sorry (l/n)," Nishinoya's voice sounded from behind us and we turned. "I didn't mean to embarrass you," he pouted.