𝟐

The girl went to take the money when she saw the note stuck underneath the cash

The girl went to take the money when she saw the note stuck underneath the cash. She pulled it off to read it.

Dear Cashier,

I know this will seem weird, and I won't feel disappointed if you reject my request. I mean, if I were you, I'd be creeped out.
What I wanted to say was that I'm kind of lonely right now. I have a few friends, but I'm looking to socialize more, you know? You seem nice and friendly. So, I was wondering, would you be my friend?
You're probably going to say no, because who makes friends randomly? But, I'm going to shoot my shot.
You're simply gorgeous by the way~

-Doyun

She smiled after reading it and made sure to get her own bunch of sticky notes from tomorrow.

TIME SKIP

The next day, Doyun entered the cafe again, partly because she wanted the bubble tea again and partly because she wanted to escape her pathetic situation, so she practically flew to the cafe. 

When she reached, she placed her bag on the chair which she usually sat on but didn't take out her laptop. She directly went to the cashier to place her order.

"The same as the last time, please."

The pretty girl nodded and turned to make her drink. Doyun noticed that she hadn't smiled this time and felt disappointed. She probably found her weird.

Then again, she wasn't surprised.

She remembered her experience in college when she returned to South Korea after living in the US for a long, long time. There, people didn't talk to her at first because of the fact that she was Asian. 

After a while, she finally made a few friends who didn't ask whether she was a BTS member's girlfriend or a BlackPink member's sister.

That was strange and downright cringe.

It was worse in Korea though.

When she came here, no one talked to her for a good few months. She had never been more lonely.

She only found friends recently, and though they were...questionable, she did her best to stay with them, as she had no one else.

Which is why she was trying to make friends with the pretty girl.

She slumped in her chair. Her mood just got worse.

"Doyun!"

She got up and went to the counter. She placed the money, took the drink, and smiled at the pretty girl. She noticed that the girl smiled at her too, which raised her spirits slightly.

She sat down again and was going to start drinking when she noticed the sticky note on the cup. She peeled it off to read it.

Dear Doyun,

Don't worry, it didn't seem weird at all! Truth be told, I was pleasantly surprised-
I know that feeling of loneliness. I used to be alone too before coming to Korea. I have a few friends too, but I'm looking to socialize too, so it's a good thing you asked! I'm honestly very honored that you think I'm nice and friendly TT
I'd love to be your friend. You're quite pleasing to talk to from what little conversation we've had through these notes. Don't worry, you've aimed your shot well.
You're cute as hell, did you know that?~

-Yunjin

Yunjin. That was her name.

The obscure look on Doyun's face was a sight to see.

Not exactly a pleasant one for Yunjin though. She saw it and her smile faded.

She turned away and sadly missed the delighted smile the customer gave.