𝟐𝟔

It had been five months since Doyun and Yunjin started dating

It had been five months since Doyun and Yunjin started dating. Doyun managed to start talking to Yunjin more and appeared alright to her. They started having those 'dates' at the younger girl's house since the dorms were almost always occupied by at least one of the other girls.

She didn't mind.

Sadly, in those five months, the bullying only got worse.

She had just got better at hiding it.

Whenever she got the confidence to stand up to them, she was beaten up to silence, which was why for the past month she quietly bore with their torture.

Usually, when you stop reacting to a bully, they get bored and leave you alone.

Doyun's bullies were built different.

Keeping silent only made them worse, since they thought that they could get away with anything. They made her weaker than ever, both physically and mentally.

The doctor had warned her that the drugs had made her immune system deteriorate. When she cut herself, she only got worse. When you added 'them' into the equation, it was no wonder she was like this.

She only cut herself two or three times in the five months after that, which wasn't a lot, and that was great. Every time she did, she was at a super low point, and once almost stabbed herself.

Almost.

On a Sunday, she finally found the strength in herself to go outside. She decided to walk in a park to get some fresh air. It was autumn, and the weather was getting colder.

Doyun loved this season. The wind was just right for her; not too hot and not too cold. She always admired the leaves that fell down delicately as the trees got ready for winter. She especially loved stepping in them and hearing the 'crunch' sound. Sometimes, she'd find piles of them just lying around, and just for fun, she'd either jump on them or kick them around. She could write a whole essay about it in under thirty minutes if asked to.

She was in a quiet place, and no one else was there other than her. There was a small stream and a bridge to walk over it. She stood in the middle, taking in the sight of the sparkling water. Suddenly, a hand was on her shoulder in the exact same place as last time.

Well, it's time to die!

The person pushed her, causing her to almost fall off the bridge.

"If you want me to die, let me do it myself oh my God- spare yourself the trouble and a murder case!"

She turned around and obviously saw those four girls.

"We aren't killing you b*tch. We're torturing you to the point that you're done with everything and finally kill yourself. It's already working."

"Do you not have sympathy? Ever heard of something called, oh I don't know, emotion?"

"Oh I have emotion, and my personal favorite is anger, especially towards motherf**kers like you. You don't deserve sympathy."

Without warning, they lifted her hoodie and shirt to reveal her exposed stomach. She shuddered as a cold blast of wind suddenly came in contact with her bare skin.

"So skinny...haven't you eaten anything? Oh wait, you're broke. You don't have a job since you're so busy kissing girls."

"There isn't much flesh, but this will do."

Hyerin took out a penknife.

"Wait, what are you-"

She placed it on the bare skin and started carving a letter. Doyun whimpered in pain. This was so much worse than the times she cut herself.

"Please! Th-This is too much!"

"You deserve it."

Nothing that the victim said made them relent. No one heard her cries for help. Her throat hurt from screaming out of agony, so she let her tears fall silently as Hyerin was finishing up. Doyun bled profusely.

When they were done, they let go of her and she wiped her eyes.

"Enjoy your new permanent tattoo. I wrote it with you in mind."

They left, giggling. All Doyun could manage to do was let out a broken sigh as she let her shirt and hoodie fall on top of her stomach. Thankfully both of them were black, so the blood wouldn't be visible on her clothes. 

She ran back home to the best of her extent. When she entered, she went into the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. Hesitantly, she removed her hoodie and lifted up her shirt.

When she saw what was carved, her breath hitched.

A gay slur that Doyun would never even think of saying, let alone write permanently on someone's body, was carved in big letters.

This was something she would never recover from.

Determined to not cry again, she gently cleansed the wound, grabbed the first aid kit, and wrapped the area with bandages. She then removed her shirt before glancing at her hoodie.

What a waste of perfectly good clothes.

She wore something else before hand washing them with soap and water and then tossed it into the washing machine she had.

Doyun was absolutely done with everything at this point. Living was too much work on its own, and she just wanted to disappear already. She was only holding on for Yunjin.

She wanted to tell someone, anyone about this...except her girlfriend.

Suddenly she got an idea.