𝟏𝟗

Yunjin jolted awake, sweat dripping down her neck as she breathed heavily

Oh thank God it was a f**king dream.

She checked her phone for any recent calls. Nope, it was all a bad dream. She then checked the time, only to realize how late for work she was. It was eleven in the morning, and work started at nine.

She was already not in the mood to leave her dorm, and this worsened it. She scrolled through her contacts list and found Jisu's number. She dialed it quickly and waited for her senior to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hello Miss Park. Can you tell Mr. Jung that I and Doyun won't be able to come to work for...a week at least?"

"What? Why?"

"Well... an accident happened that affects both of us, and it'll take some time to recover from it."

"I see. I'll inform him. Goodbye."

The other woman hastily cut the call, and the cold tone in which she spoke rang in Yunjin's mind.  She sighed, placed her phone back on the nightstand, and closed her eyes to go back to sleep when suddenly someone shook her violently. She opened her eyes and saw Kazuha.

"Wake up Yunjin unnie. We have to go see Doyun unnie."

"Why? Did something happen to her?"

"I think she's alright now."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You better get ready quickly."

"Alright then."

She slowly got out of bed and got ready. Everyone waited impatiently for her, and when she was done, they wasted no time and went on the bus to the hospital. When they reached, they gave their names and went into Doyun's ward.

She was awake.

Yunjin smiled so widely that you would've thought she won the lottery.

"Yunnie!"

She rushed to the girl's bedside and stood next to her.

"JinJin? Is that you?"

The happy looks on everyone's turned into looks of confusion.

"...What do you mean by 'is that you'?"

Just then, the doctor walked in.

"We got some...news about her."

"Hm?"

"Well, her eyeballs were damaged, and  she will require glasses for a long time, if not her entire life."

Doyun had a slight frown on her face while the visiting girls looked serious.

"And we found out the cause of all this. Tell them, Doyun."

"Yeah. Tell us so I can beat the-"

"It was me."

The girl's eyes were focused on her bedsheet as she played with her fingers. She was too embarrassed to look at anyone in the eye, though she couldn't see well.

"Wha...what do you mean?"

"I self-harmed."

"In...in the amusement park? Why?"

"It's just that...school is so stressful and...I'm sorry!"

Tears slowly trickled down her cheeks and she hastily wiped them away.

The angry glint in Yunjin's eyes faded into a softer, more concerned look as she stroked Doyun's hair gently while the younger girl cried. There was a deathly silence in the room as everyone stared at the two. After some time, Doyun calmed down and sighed.

"I'm...tired. Can I go to sleep?"

"Sure Yunnie. Sleep well."

She lay her head on her pillow and closed her eyes as the doctor and her friends left the room.

She had lied to them. Even the doctor.

She knew very well that everything that had happened to her was caused by her bullies.

But Doyun had covered for them.

She knew that she shouldn't have done that. The reality, sadly, was that if her friends were sent to the police for assault, they could simply say that she was a homosexual and then she and her friends would get into trouble. She didn't give two shits about herself, it was the other girls for whom she was scared.

She didn't want them to have issues.

Especially Yunjin.

She hated lying to them, but if she had done it once, she could surely do it again.

DID YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD LET MY TWO GAY GIRLS DIE AND CRY 🤨