𝟏𝟕

Doyun's head was tilted back, and her body was resting against the wall while her body lay limp

Doyun's head was tilted back, and her body was resting against the wall while her body lay limp. Her arms were near her sides, all cut and bleeding. The pink jacket she was wearing she wore was carelessly thrown to the side and some blood stains were visible on it. Her bell-bottom jeans were rolled up to her knees, and the wounds on them were even worse. There was a big gash on her forehead, and it was bleeding profusely. Her mouth was slightly agape and blood was trickling out of it. It looked like something was shoved into her mouth.

Yunjin ran and squatted next to her. She felt for a pulse and almost started to cry when she felt nothing.

She checked her chest. She was embarrassed to be touching and supposedly groping it, but all of that disappeared when she felt heartbeats. She then realized that she should have called an ambulance earlier. She pulled out her phone and speedily dialed 119.

Just then, the other girls entered. Chaewon gasped loudly, Kazuha took a step back in shock and Eunchae started visibly shaking as her eyes welled up while Sakura sat next to Yunjin.

"Is she breathing? Did you call an ambulance?"

"I think so, her heart is beating. I just called them."

"Good. You did tell them where we are, right?"

"Of course. I'm not an idiot."

Soon, the medical staff arrived and took Doyun away. Yunjin went with her, leaving the others at the amusement park, while feeling a mix of emotions. She was scared, angry, sad, pissed, confused, and more all at once.

But only one question ran through her mind.

Who did this to her?

When they reached, Doyun was immediately rushed to an ER. Yunjin was made to wait outside, though she was reluctant and only wanted to be with the younger girl. She suddenly remembered that she had taken the other's phone. She pulled it out of her pocket and unlocked it. They had exchanged the passwords of their phones because that was what friends do.

Friends.

Friends.

She scrolled through the contacts until she found her mother's number, and sighed. She had to call her. She should know that her own daughter was hurt.

With shaky fingers, she pressed it to call her.

"Hello?"

"Hi. Is this Doyun's mother?"

"Yes. Who are you...and why do you have her phone?"

"Well, I'm her...best friend."

"Oh, are you Yunjin?"

"Yeah. How do you know?"

"She talks a lot of great things about you whenever I call her."

"I see."

"Well, why did you call me?"

She knew what she had to do, but she hated having to do it.

"I have some...news about your daughter. I'm sorry to say this, but she's in the ER."

"E-ER? Why?"

"Well, I'm not sure how but...me and my friends took her to an amusement park, and suddenly she disappeared, and then I found her all bloody in the girls' restroom, and called an ambulance."

"I was going to ask you whether this was some sort of sick joke, but from the seriousness in your voice...what hospital?"

"I wish I could say that. She's at **** hospital."

"I'm...actually not in Korea right now. I'm in the USA. Could you take care of her and help her...for me?"

"Of course. I understand."

"Thank you. I really appreciate it."

Her mother cut the call. Yunjin placed the phone in her pocket again and started thinking.

Doyun had talked a lot of 'good things' about her.

To her mother.

Was she that impactful?

After a few hours, the doctor came out of the room and removed her mask.

"Are you her family?"

"No...I'm her best friend. Her mother isn't here."

"Why?"

"She's out of country, and she doesn't seem to have any other relatives here."

"I see. Well, I just wanted to ask you something."

"Hm?"

"What happened? How did she end up like this?"

"I...don't know. I really don't. Can you tell me how she is now?"

"She...seems to be in a condition which we can't really...put in words. Her physical wounds on her arms, legs, etc. are actually alright and will heal soon since we've bandaged them, but..."

"But?"

"She has an absolutely intense amount of drugs inside her body."

Yunjin froze in her seat.

Drugs?

How? Why?

we getting angstyy