𝟐𝟖

Thoughts of self-doubt filled her head

She decided to visit her the next day after her shift ended. She had to talk to her and help her because that was one of the responsibilities of being in a relationship.

That day came, and while Doyun was sulking in bed and reading a book, the doorbell suddenly rang. She went to open it, curious. She wasn't expecting anyone on a Monday.

Lo and behold, the one and only Huh Yunjin was standing in front of her.

"JinJin! This was unexpected, but I'm so glad to see you!"

"I wanted to surprise you today because I can."

Yunjin noticed the stress and exhaustion on her girlfriend's face. She saw the unkempt hair and the eyebags under her eyes. She saw the sullen look on her face. It all tugged at her heartstrings. Someone as wonderful as she did not deserve all this.

"Wait in the living room or the bedroom- anywhere really- while I bring us something to drink. No, you can't refuse."

Yunjin shook her head with a look of playful annoyance on her face. The younger girl went into the kitchen and returned shortly after with two glasses of orange juice. She gave one of them to the older girl.

"Here."

"Thanks, darling, but-"

"No."

Yunjin giggled at the older girl's seriousness while the other cracked a smile. As they drank the sweet juice, the older girl started wondering how she would ask Doyun the burning question.

"Sweetheart, I've been wondering...well, I don't really know how to say this...what if we tried cuddling? Of course, it's alright if you aren't ready now..."

She had a look of shyness on her face which Yunjin found cute.

"Sure. We already practiced anyway."

"Wha- When?"

"When you cuddled me that night."

Yunjin grinned seeing Doyun flustered.

"But we-"

"Weren't official, yes. We are now though, so we can do it."

They were sitting on Doyun's bed. Yunjin placed her glass on the nightstand and lay down, her head on a pillow.

"Don't be nervous. I won't bite..."

She noticed the specks of red on the younger girl's face. OK

"...and don't think anything weird."

Doyin's face became even redder, if that was possible, as she slowly lay next to her girlfriend. Her back faced the older girl, who wrapped her arms below her chest, but above her waist. Doyun had at least four layers of clothing on other than her innerwear, so Yunjin couldn't feel the bandages wrapping the 'tattoo'. The younger girl snuggled and practically melted into her lover's embrace. Yunjin was breathing as softly as she could so that her breath wouldn't tickle Doyun's neck.

They stayed like that for fifteen minutes, just enjoying each other's presence, before the older girl spoke.

"Yunnie, how's college for you? Is everything alright?"

"College is getting super hard right now. As you might know, I quit my job because of it..."

"Mhm, I do. I'm still wondering why you didn't tell me that though."

"I...didn't want to disappoint you. I didn't want to face you after I left you alone if that makes sense...'

"I see. It's not that serious, don't worry."

"Thanks, JinJin."

"What about your ex-friends? Do they still bother you?"

"No, not really. I blocked all their numbers and avoid them in the halls...yeah."

"Do you still have people tell you to kill yourself?"

"Nope."

"That's great to hear."

Yunjin couldn't tell whether she was lying or not. She didn't ask anything about being suicidal, and the girl did say the same thing about college, and she spoke without hesitating, albeit not so calmly, which wasn't exactly how a liar would talk. She wasn't going to ask her about suicide. First off, it would be a topic that came out of the blue and would make the younger girl suspect her. Secondly, she simply didn't know how to.

They stayed like that for another hour or so, talking about random things. Yunjin checked her phone for the time and pouted.

"Aww...I should really get going. It's late and Sakura unnie will come for my throat if I don't get back soon."

"I understand."

In then minutes, the older girl was standing near the door, ready to leave.

"Thanks for...well...cuddling with me and asking about me...and just existing."

"Of course. It's what I do as your girlfriend. Don't be shy to tell me anything, okay?"

"Yeah."

Yunjin quickly pecked her lover's lips.

"See you soon then. Bye, I love you!"

She turned around, opened the door, and smiled one last time at Doyun.

"I love you too!"

Drive by skz fr be hitting hard writing this chapter