𝟒

The next day, Doyun didn't have the mental energy to return to the bubble tea shop

The next day, Doyun didn't have the mental energy to return to the bubble tea shop. Her friends ditching her was nothing new (in fact, she would get surprised when they told her to join them), but it never made her feel like this. It never made her want to lie in bed and cry all day.

This was the next level of feeling pathetic.

She wanted to talk to someone, anyone so badly, but she, in reality, didn't have that 'one'. She didn't want to talk to her parents. They were probably busy, and they wouldn't understand her situation.

She regretted not getting Yunjin's number. It really would have helped to message her right now.

She then suddenly remembered that she had to talk to her today. She grunted, got off her bed, and made herself look presentable, if not attractive. She really didn't want to do this. Socializing was not her thing at all. She even used to scream 'ew people' in middle school when someone got too close.

She knew though that if she wanted to make her new friendship work, she needed to put in the effort.

When she returned to the bubble tea shop, it was closing time. Doyun gave a sigh of disappointment and looked around for a table where the chairs weren't flipped and placed on it when she noticed Yunjin staring at her, and she felt shy.

She didn't know the exact reason why she felt so.

Hell, she didn't even know why Yunjin was staring at her.

They made eye contact, and instead of looking away, Doyun kept staring. She could easily get lost in those eyes...and get lost she did. She forgot the reason she entered the cafe in the first place until Yunjin awkwardly cleared her throat.

"Uhm...your usual order?"

Her voice made Doyun snap out of her reverie.

"Oh uh no thanks. I came here to talk to you."

"T-Talk to me? I thought you found my message weird?"

"Weird? Not at all! Quite the opposite actually, I found it sweet..."

"Well- I guess we've had one too many instances of miscommunication, huh..."

"Seems like it."

Doyun cracked a small smile, and so did Yunjin.

In the end, it turned into full-blown laughter.