𝟐𝟏

Yunjin couldn't be happier

Yunjin couldn't be happier. Her dream had come true. Her very first crush actually liked her back! That was a great achievement. 

Two days later, the girls went to work again. They were still on their break from college, but their leave from work was used up. Their boss welcomed them back and enquired about them.

"Is everything okay for you both now?"

"Yes Mr. Jung. Thank you for asking."

"New glasses, eh? They look good on you. This is the first time I've seen you in them."

"Yeah...the doctor said it was required."

They continued to chat, although Doyun was tired already. The younger girl was giving him the blandest responses ever, and at this point, he was having a monologue. The man was old, but he sure could go on. When he ran out of things to say, he shook his head.

"Well, I suppose you better get to work now."

"Okay Mr. Jung."

The two of them went behind the counter and started taking customers' orders. Doyun had a bubbly aura and worked quickly while serving with a smile. Yunjin, on the other hand, was a bit uptight. She was less smiley than usual but no one noticed other than her crush.

"JinJin? Are you alright?"

"Yeah."

"I know you're lying to me. You can tell me whatever's wrong, you know that, right?"

"It's nothing much really. I'm just tired. I'll go home and take a nap, I think I'll be better then."

Yunjin was most certainly not tired. She was mentally hyperactive. Somehow, it didn't translate to her physical movements.

Both of them were at opposite ends behind the counter. Doyun was making drinks, and Yunjin was taking customers' orders. The younger girl was walking towards the cash register while the older one was going to the drinks machine. When they noticed that they were walking into each other, it was too late.

The duo collided. Doyun tried to hold on to anything nearby so that the drink wouldn't fall onto the ground. She caught something and held it tightly as she closed her eyes and braced for impact. She felt the drink slip out of her hands. When she didn't find herself hitting the floor, she opened them. 

Yunjin's beautiful eyes were staring right into her own as the older girl smiled shyly. Their faces were mere inches apart, and the other was holding Doyun by her waist.

This is a moment worthy of a k-drama.

Come a little closer...Doyun! What the hell are you thinking!

"Are you alright Yunnie?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine...but the drink isn't."

The older girl looked at the floor and sure enough, the bubble tea that was previously in her hand was all over the floor. It was presumably the mango flavor, so it somewhat looked like piss had been spilled with black shits that were shaped like pearls. She carefully let go of Doyun and helped her stand up properly, and they looked at the mess.