𝟑

Doyun kept the note in her pocket and finished her drink before leaving

Doyun kept the note in her pocket and finished her drink before leaving. She was too shy to strike up a conversation now, but she would make sure to talk to her tomorrow.

She walked back to her empty apartment. It was small, but more than enough for her, as she
lived alone. As her eyes scanned the flat, she sighed.

She didn't hate living alone, not in the slightest. It had its perks. She didn't have to share food with anyone, she didn't have to share a room either, she could have her friends over anytime and no one would say no, she could study in peace, she could...was that it?

She felt...disappointed.

She had dreamed for so long to leave her home and live alone, only to feel like this? All that excitement was for nothing?

Damn, I guess they're taking me down along with everything I like.

Their influence and words of disapproval about the fact that she lived alone were getting to her now.

It sucked, but she couldn't do anything.

She sat down on her bed, feeling tired. It wasn't a new feeling, and she hated it. Doyun wanted to sleep, but she had work to do. She took her laptop, opened it and started to work on it again, when she suddenly got a text in her friend group's chat.

Minji:
guys, wanna hang out today?

Seoyun:
Sure. When and what time?

Hyerin:
good idea, studying sucks

Minji:
my place, 8 pm

Aera:
yessir, I'll bring food

Me:
Um, tomorrow we all have important tests tho-

Hyerin:
you should come Doyun! It'll be fun~

Me:
like I said, tests- and if ik you all well, you'll bring alcohol and get absolutely wasted, which then leads to a hangover, which won't let you guys pay attention on campus. I gotta study.

Aera:
omg what a spoilsport sthu don't come then, American asshole

Minji:
fr ong

Seoyun:
It's fine, we'll have our fun without her.

Hyerin:
Good idea ngl. Sorry Doyun :(

Me:
It's okay, I'd rather not fail lmao

She turned off her phone and set it on silent before placing it down. This was sadly something they did a lot. While she knew that they were bad for her, they were the only friends she had, and she hated being lonely with a burning passion.

Toxic friends were better than no friends, right?
Right?

She took a sticky and composed a note for herself. She really needed a new and better friend.

Yunjin wanted to cry.
Why did Doyun have that look on her face after reading the message?

Was it the way she worded the message?

Was it the vibe she gave off?

Did she find her weird?

Did she, Huh Yunjin, fail at socializing, her literal talent?