𝟖

Doyun was making herself ramen when all of a sudden, the doorbell rang

Doyun was making herself ramen when all of a sudden, the doorbell rang. She glanced at the door, surprised before going over to it.

Who the hell would come to my flat at this hour? Unless...

She opened it, only to reveal Yunjin.

"Huh? Yunjin?"

"Why'd you say my full name?"

"No- I was just- Nevermind. Why are you here?"

"Alright then...the owner told me to tell you that you got selected for the job!"

"What- how?"

"Well, he said that you're sweet, smart, and quick on your feet, just perfect for the job. I agree with him."

"I see. Tell him I say thanks. Wanna come inside?"

"Oh? Sure! I'm kind of tired anyway."

Yunjin gladly entered. She looked around Doyun's apartment, taking the sight of the well kept room, the slightly messy kitchen and the furniture placed inside.

It was a delight to her eyes.

"You've got a nice flat."

"Doyun blushed slightly and placed her hand on her nape.

"Thanks. I decorated it myself."

"You've got good taste. I like it. I wish I could style my dorm like this..."

Doyun was blushing too much now, according to her standards, but it was actually barely noticeable. She suddenly caught onto what the older girl had said, and was curious.

"Wait, dorm?"

"Yeah. I live with my four other friends."

"I see. Can I...know their names? It would be nice for me to find new friends."

"Sure! They're Sakura, Chaewon, Kazuha, and Eunchae. They're all amazing!"

"That's great! I'll try and talk to them soon."

Yunjin then let out an impromptu yawn, and her cheek turned a slight shade of pink.

"Sorry..."

"You're tired huh?"

"Yeah, let me just check the time...shit."

"What's wrong?"

"I missed the last bus. I can't walk back to the dorms, it's too far."

"Ah. Well, if you want...you could sleep at my place?"

"Are you sure? I mean I could rent a room at a hotel or-

"Shut up. I'm alone and would like some company. You can't stop me now."

Doyun then casually walked over to the door and locked it, making it impossible for Yunjin to walk out.

"You're giving off kidnapper vibes."

"So what? I don't think that there's any other way to stop you."

"On God-"

The younger girl went into the kitchen to open another packet of ramen for the other girl. Yunjin went into the kitchen and joined her, her eyes scanning the room, looking at all the food.

"You have a lot of snacks."

"Yeah. I save them for whenever there's a disaster or when my friends come over."

The older girl heard the malice in Doyun's voice when she said friends and was intrigued.

"Don't you like your friends?"

This question took Doyun by unpleasant surprise. She had been drumming her fingers on the countertop while the ramen was boiling, but upon hearing the question, she stopped. Yunjiin noticed this.

"That...is a question I'll tell you the answer to when the time is right."

"Alright."

Doyun then poured the cooked ramen into a bowl and gave it to the other girl. She then took her own, which had cooled down. She went over to the couch and patted the seat next to her, signalling the older girl to sit next to her. She gladly agreed and sat down.

"Have anything specific in mind to watch?"

"Eh, just put whatever."