𝟐𝟎

Around five days later, Doyun was at her apartment, catching up on her missed work from college

Around five days later, Doyun was at her apartment, catching up on her missed work from college. She had to go back the next Monday, and she didn't want to because she was scared. She didn't know what they had said about her, and she was in fear of what she would say next because those girls had a tendency to exaggerate things.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. She looked at it curiously. It was probably her delivery order of oversized hoodies she had ordered. She placed her hands on her eyes to rub them, before realizing that her new glasses were covering them. They had thin, black frames and were round in shape.

She hated it.

It took away the beauty of her eyes since anyone looking at her face would focus on her glasses instead. Her mother had insisted she was gorgeous, and so did her friends (especially Yunjin, who was aggressive about it), so she didn't really say anything about it to them.

She got the oversized hoodies so that she could cover the scars on her arms. They weren't going to disappear anytime soon, according to the doctor. She hated them more than her glasses, and that was a lot. She knew that it looked like she cut herself, which helped the excuse she gave saying that she self-harmed. Showing these marks in public would bring shame on herself and her family, so she wanted to hide them.

She walked over to the door and opened it to reveal a beaming Yunjin.

"Yunnie!"

The older girl enveloped her in a tight hug and Doyun smiled as well. Yunjin could spread positivity wherever she went, and that was one of the many reasons that the younger girl loved her...romantically.

"JinJin! Why are you here?"

"What? I can't see...my best friend?"

Yunjin wanted to slap herself. She nearly said crush instead of best friend.

"Of course you can. I'm really happy you came! I was getting bored of catching up on missed work anyway."

"Alright then."

"You wanna come in?"

Yunjin, without hesitation, ran inside and flopped onto Doyun's bed.

"Your bed is really bouncy. I forgot to say this earlier."

"Yeah, and it has room for two."

The younger girl had a cheeky grin on her face as the older girl immediately sat up and threw a pillow at her while blushing. Doyun picked up the pillow, which was on the floor, and tossed it back at Yunjin as she jumped onto the bed as well. They started to play fight like children until Yunjin accidentally touched Doyun's scars. They had hardened, yes, but they still hurt. She hissed.

"F**k!"

Yunjin's smile turned into a frown of worry, and she sat properly against the edge of the bed and beckoned for Doyun to sit next to her.