𝟑𝟎

Sakura, Chaewon, Yunjin, Kazuha, and Eunchae were all sitting in the car that Mrs

Sakura, Chaewon, Yunjin, Kazuha, and Eunchae were all sitting in the car that Mrs. Kim was driving. Four of the girls were crying. Two of them quietly, the other two...not so much. Yunjin sat in the left window seat. She had no tears, neither in her eyes nor falling down her cheeks.

She still couldn't get it inside her head that Doyun, her ex-girlfriend had died.

Scratch that, killed herself.

All because of a girl named Huh Yunjin.

She felt sad, but more frozen. Her mind was frozen, stuck in a time when she was alive. She should've moved on. She should've understood that Doyun, Kim Doyun was gone, and wasn't coming back any time soon, especially since it was her who saw her dead first. Everyone else understood, and they didn't even see her yet so why didn't she?

She felt lost.

Mrs. Kim announced in a shaky voice that they had reached the burial site, and they all stepped out. 

It was cold outside. Luckily, the weather forecast had said do, and the little group was all in warm black coats. They walked solemnly to the place where Doyun was going to be buried.

They had the opportunity to see the girl in her coffin. Her skin was pale and her lips were slightly agape. Her eyes were closed forever. Yunjin held her hand. It lacked the warmth that it usually had whenever she entwined her fingers with Doyun's.

Chaewon, Kim Chaewon had started ugly crying at this point. 

And yet, Yunjin's mind was still frozen. Her eyes were still dry.

They closed the lid of the coffin, and it was slowly lowered into the pit that they had dug open for it. Yunjin simply stared. mostly still except for moving back a bit so that the team could cover the hole with dirt. They placed the tombstone on top of where her head was, The girl read it.

Kim Doyun
2003-2023
Cause of death: Suicide
"I will always love you."

Reality struck Yunjin.

Doyun had crossed the line between life and death, and she was never coming back.

She was stuck here, and her ex had moved on.

That's when her cheeks started to turn wet with tears as she fell onto her knees. Burying her face in her hands, she quietly sobbed, trying to not make a scene. Her friends noticed her though, and they knew the significance of Yunjin's pain. It was on another level that they wouldn't understand. The bond between the two was unique and special to them and only to them.

They glanced at Doyun's mother, who was crying on Sakura's shoulder, and realized that her suffering was something else. She had raised her up for so many years only to lose her like this, and without even knowing why she did it.

The next day, Yunjin went to Doyun's apartment to collect little reminders of her ex-girlfriend. 

She now thought of Doyun as her ex for two reasons. 

One, they broke up before she died. 

Two, she was dead.

She entered slowly as if someone was inside and alive. Obviously, no one was. She went inside the bedroom, and looked around, only to see a box. She opened it and saw all the items that she had gifted were inside. She was shocked. Yunjin had expected Doyun to burn them or at least throw them away, but instead, she kept them safely. Her eyes turned to the nightstand, and she saw a yellow sticky note. It was slightly bigger than the ones she used, and she saw some writing on it. Curiously, she walked over to it so that she could read. She expected it to be a suicide note of sorts.

Dear Huh Yunjin,

I'm pretty sure that you'll be the first one to see this note. I'm sorry. I'm so terribly sorry. I shouldn't have done this. By the time you're reading this, you'll most likely know exactly what I'm talking about.
You see, life had become akin to a game. It's like one of those games that are the favorite of someone you love dearly. You play it with them a couple of times, and it was fun, but then you get tired, annoyed, frustrated, sad, and just have negative emotions while playing it. But you love the person so much and you don't want to disappoint them, so you keep playing along. That person is the reason you still play, they're your driving force.
You were that person in my game of life. When I lost you, I lost my reason to play, and I quit the game. I know that in a game, you can always come back to it later when you start liking it more, but in life, you can't. I'm aware of that.
I should've taken our breakup logically. I should've calmed down and done anything other than this, but there was so much going on that I didn't. Please forgive me and move on. Please. It's for the better. I know you will have your regrets, and I have mine, but in the end, it'll all work out. In the end, it always does.
Tell the girls and my mother that I love them, and I always will.
You too Yunjin. Tell yourself that Doyun loves you.

-Kim Doyun, a girl who will always have a special place for you in her heart.

Yunjin's eyes turned glossy. She hated how dead Doyun spoke to her soul and left her broken. Only she could do that, even though she was no more. With blurry vision, she went into the kitchen to find more things that belonged to Doyun, while the note was still in her hand. She read it one more time, before stabbing herself with one of the kitchen knives. The knife went into her stomach. Her knees soon gave up and she collapsed onto the floor. Her eyes closed shut on their own.

She didn't know whether she would meet Doyun in the afterlife.

All she knew was that living here was worthless without her.

She could've saved her relationship with her. She could've saved her. She didn't, and for that, she was deserving of death. She could feel the life being sucked out of her, and how she was going to die any minute. She smiled, held the note tightly in her hand without crushing it, and remembered one last time how it all started with notes to the cashier.

I was in a bad mood writing this, can you tell

Ask me any questions about the story left unanswered, and I'll make another last chapter answering them! I'll even take questions like 'why did you kill them both' so dw! ------>

There's no limit to the number of questions you want to ask ^^

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐑 || Huh Yunjin 🎉