𝟗

The duo started watching a random movie

The duo started watching a random movie. Soon, Yunjin started feeling sleepy and was nodding off in between. Doyun noticed this.

"Sleepy?"

"Mmm."

"Come on, I'll get my bed ready and give you something else to wear."

"Wait, what?"

"You heard me."

The younger girl went into her room and searched in her wardrobe for something comfortable to wear. The both of them were nearly the same height, so size wasn't an issue. Yunjin wasn't really on board with this though. It wasn't good (according to her principles) to wear another person's clothes and sleep in their bed. It would be better if she slept on the couch.

"Look, I'm fine just the way I am. I'll sleep on the couch."

"Don't make me tape you to the couch."

"I-"

Doyun sighed and promptly covered the other's mouth.

"MSDJASKDDSKDSJDSJNK!"

"Yeah. It gets really cold during the night, and I don't have a heater. Wear something warm."

Saying that she threw a sweater, a shirt, and a pair of pants at the older girl. Yunjin caught it and waited as the other girl left the room.

"Your clothes don't count as warm, by the way."

The older girl shook her head and locked the door before changing. She let out another yawn. After she was done, she unlocked the door to see Doyun carrying two blankets in her arms.

"Two blankets?! How cold does it get?"

"Very. Now take this and good night."

"Good...night?"

Doyun walked out of the room. The older girl placed the blankets on the bed, turned off the lights, and lay down to sleep. She was unsurprisingly very tired and almost immediately fell asleep.

The younger girl was tossing around on the couch. It took her a while to fall asleep, and when she did, it was dreamless.

She suddenly jolted out of the couch and found herself on the floor. She didn't know why, and couldn't go back to sleep.

Naturally, her first instinct was to check her phone for any messages she missed. Her phone had been on silent ever since Yunjin came over, and considering how much her friends could chat, there was probably a lot she had to catch up on.

She saw three private messages from all four of her friends. Curiously, she opened Seoyun's contact first.

Seoyun:

I can't believe people actually like you

You're such a pathetic piece of shit.

Please go kill yourself.

She regretted it. Going against her better judgment, she opened the other three.

Aera:

How the hell did I think you were cool lol

What a menace to society xD

Stop wasting oxygen pls

Hyerin:

You're literally such a burden ong

American asshole

The world would be a better place without you

Minji:

your parents regret creating you bro

you wasted so much money being raised lmfao

please quit life

What wonderful friends, damn.

All her bottled-up emotions -about everything, really- finally let loose and salty tears fell from her eyes as she sobbed quietly.

Yunjin woke up as well. She wanted to get a glass of water, and she went out of Doyun's room to get it.

She then heard the younger girl's silent cry. She immediately walked over to comfort her. She ended up having to kneel on the ground to look at her face, but she didn't mind.

"Doyun, Doyun...shh, I'm here now."

She ran a hand through the girl's hair, trying to calm her down. She then managed to make her sit up and sat down next to her. Doyun hugged the older girl tight and started sobbing harder as she buried her head in Yunjin's chest.

"I can't do this anymore JinJin. I f**king can't. I'm just a waste of time, energy, and-"

"Hush. You're nothing of the sort."

"But-"

"No."

After about fifteen minutes, Doyun somehow calmed down, but she still hugged Yunjin tight.

"Do you mind telling me what's wrong?"

"I finally, finally, finally get to tell someone."

"You must have been bottling this up for a while then."

"Actually, yes."

In the events that proceeded, Doyun ended up telling Yunjin all of her problems while twisting the narrative here and there so that it would seem like her friends weren't completely in the wrong. She, for once, didn't care about what the other would think.

The other, in fact, didn't think anything bad of it at all.

She understood what the other went through, and sympathized with her.

"Doyun...I'm here for you."

"But, you have to agree with them..."

"They're wrong. Completely wrong. You deserve to live, and no one else can say anything against it. I'm here for you. I'm going to show you a new experience every day, a new reason to live until you realize that I'm right."

"JinJin, why?"

"Because you need to hear this."

Doyun wiped her eyes and shivered.

"This might sound a bit childish...but, can I sleep with you? I'm tired of sleeping alone..."

Yunjin's eyes widened, and her brain went into overdrive.

Hestia ily sm <33