𝟐𝟓

Yunjin waited patiently behind the counter for her girlfriend to come

Yunjin waited patiently behind the counter for her girlfriend to come. It had been a week since she had last seen her in person, though they texted each other every day. Every time the door opened, her eyes would immediately turn to see if it was Doyun, and light up, only to be disappointed.

She couldn't wait any longer. If the girl had taken a break, she would've informed her. Yunjin went into Jisu's office to enquire about the younger girl. The assistant gave her an icy stare as she spoke.

"Hey, I just wanted to ask whether Doyun is on leave or something? She didn't tell me."

"Oh, don't you know? She quit."

The girl's eyes widened. Why would her girlfriend suddenly quit, and that too without telling her?

"Why?"

"She said that it was because college was getting stressful and she needed more time to study."

Yunjin pursed her lips into a thin line and quietly thanked the woman. She returned to the counter, dejected. Now, there was no real joy in coming to work for her, but she needed the money. She continued working, hiding her sadness with a smile on her face.

When she got back to her dorms, she flopped onto her bed and pulled out her phone.

Me:

darlingg

are you alr?

Doyun:

hm sweetheart

yh im fine

you need anything

Me:

nope, i just wanted to see how my most favorite person in this world is doing~

Doyun:

oh

well im sorry but i gtg

we have a rlly big test tmrw

and i havent studied much T-T

if i fail im jumping off the roof

Me:

yunnie NO-

Doyun:

dw i won't-

it's not smth as life changing as you

Me:

alr then

gl on the test, im sure that you'll do amazing <33

ilyy

Doyun:

ilyt jinjin ^^

The older girl sighed as she turned her phone off. Doyun had been giving reasons to not talk to her ever since last Friday. They had just started out, but Yunjin couldn't help but wonder whether she had done something wrong.

Kazuha walked into the room and saw the troubled look on Yunjin's face.

"Anything wrong, unnie?"

"Hm."

"Is it about Doyun unnie?"

Yunjin covered her face with her hands in frustration.

"Yeah."

Kazuha sat on Chaewon's bed.

"You can tell me. I at least know the basics of what should happen a relationship- or something like that."

"Wha- how? You've never been in one."

'To be honest, I've observed a lot of romantic relationships and all that. Just tell me."

"Alright Miss Know-It-All. You see...ever since last Friday, she hasn't come to work, and today I found out that she quit. She hasn't been talking with me that much either. I feel like I did something wrong."

The younger girl nodded as she spoke and when the older girl was done, she had a thoughtful look on her face.

"I see. I feel like you should ask her that. She's way too much in love with you to ghost you out of nowhere or...do anything else. Try asking about it in text."

"That's a good point. I'll do just that. Thanks, Zuha."

"Of course. If it's alright with you, tell me how it goes."

"I will."

Kazuha left the room as Yunjin turned on her phone.

Me:

yunnie

i just wanted to ask you

did i do anything wrong?

Doyun:

ofc not

is this bc im not talking to you that much now?

Me:

...yeah

Doyun:

icic

dw abt it ^^

idk why

but nowadays i don't have the energy or will to talk to anyone iykwim

Me:

ahh alr

i understand

just remember that if anything happens send me a text mkay?

Doyun:

ofcc

im getting possessive overprotective mafia bf vibes from you rn help-

Me:

why wouldn't i want to protect my darling?

Doyun:

shit im blushing

Me:

hehe~

Doyun:

sorry for not talking so much

i'll do my best from now on

Me:

no no it's alr

only if youre fine with it

Doyun:

okay jinjin

ty for understanding TT

ilysm TT

Me:

ofc i will, this is the bare minimum

ily moree <333

Doyun smiled to herself after reading her girlfriend's messages.

If only life was as easy as talking to her.