Chapter 7 Love At First Sight

"But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking towards me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you."
Cassandra Clare,The Clockwork

Alistair's POV

I am empty.I felt empty.Everyday I am being devoured by this overwhelming feeling of emptiness.

I am incomplete.I felt I am incomplete because I lost my one great love.

I cannot see all the blessings that I have---money,success,happy family,good looks,health and fame.

They said I have all the things that a man could ever wish for but nothing matters to me except her.She is everything to me.I offered everything I could ever give to her because without her I am nothing but she refused it.

I looked happy but deep inside there is a churning hunger to love someone and be loved by someone.It haunts me everyday.

Wherever I go and whatever I do,I can see lovers laughing.I felt as if I am the only one who is bitter,empty and incomplete.

I am looking for something or maybe someone who can accept me and love me for who I am.I need someone who will stay beside me through thick and thin.Someone who can tolerate me and be with me.Someone who will tell me that we can win all the battles in life.Someone who can spend her entire lifetime loving me as her better half.

I am hungry for love but I am taking my time and I am waiting patiently because I should fall for that lady whoever she is.I do not want to love her because I love the idea of being in love.

I have the feeling that my better half whoever she is has an interesting personality.

She could be someone or someone that I know of.

I hope that my better half is not this plain Jane sitting next to me in this bus.There is something in her I couldn't pinpoint that made me breathless and speechless.She has turned me into lovestruck boy.

She is weeping silently and for some unknown reason I am possessed by the overwhelming feeling to hold her and wipe her bitter tears.

She looks lost,deeply hurt and she's going through the most difficult time in her life.

I took pride of myself as a snobbish bachelor.I ignored the richest,the most famous,the sexiest and the most beautiful women in the world but this crying lady beside me has awaken my curiousity.

She looks so fragile yet I know she is the toughest woman I ever encountered.

She did not notice me because she is busy crying and contemplating but she caught my attention.I couldn't take my eyes off her.She stirred something inside me.

After thirty minutes of her crying fit,she had fallen sleep with her mouth open and tears rolling down on her cheeks.

I did something so foolish without even realizing that I am doing it.I offered her my handkerchief and I comforted her when she cried.I whispered to her soothing words as if we are long time lovers.I wiped all the tears on her face and gently guide her head to lean on my shoulder as she snored softly.

I am doomed!

I couldn't understand why my heart beats so fast that I thought everybody can hear it.

I stared at her face for eternity.

She is pretty and she looks like a nerd and naive.She wears braces.Her long,brown black hair is messy and looks disheveled.Her hair covered her beautiful face.

She lacks glamour and glitz.She is a daughter of someone who is trying to make both ends meet.She looks undernourished to me.She has dark circles around her eyes.She wears a loose white shirt and a black denim skinny jeans matched with a black printed polka dots slipper.She has no make up but looks flawless.

She has no sense of fashion but I know if I'll buy her a dress and she wears it she will be smoking hot and could be mistaken as a goddess.

She is like a wild flower--she goes unnoticed most of the time but once you notice her she will leave you breathless you and you will love her forever.She became more and more beautiful as the second passses by.

She blew me away.Everything seems to stop.Everything disappeared and we are the only ones who existed.All I could see is her.Sounds mushy but true.It scared the hell out of me that a stranger has this power over me.

This is really making me cheesy but I've got to confess she is truly breathtaking.She is something and I wanted to know her.

Shit!I really couldn't take my eyes away from her face.

I am fully aware of every movement she does and it makes me smile seeing her twitching her nose and hearing her snoring.

She snuggled closer to me and I hugged her closer to me and I felt the unexplanable,unfathomable pure bliss and exhiliration.

Perhaps I should thank my twin brother for this.He made me feel awful.He made me furious.I escaped when I saw him doe-eyed with Kayla's twin sister.He couldn't even remember Kayla or her twin sister.I hopped in to the first bus I saw but it never occured to me that I will meet my soulmate in this bus.

I closed my eyes savoring the pure bliss as I kissed her forehead and drifted off to sleep with the smile lingering on my lips!