Chapter 14 The Unexpected Help

"Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours."Les Brown

"When you think everything is hopeless,a little ray of light will come from somewhere."Unknown

Tamara's POV

I sighed and took a deep breath.

Here I go!I have to face Stephanie and Alvin.

I rushed in to the hospital and my heart bleed seeing my father in ICU while my younger siblings cried endlessly.

She hugged them and cried with them.

"We hate Stephanie!She is an evil witch.She took your boyfriend and hurt us,"her younger siblings chorused and roared like angry cubs.

"Hush stop crying.Everything is going to be alright.Stop thinking of Stephanie.We will live happily without her,"I tried my best to console them.

"Excuse me,are you the eldest daughter of Mr.Joseph Collins?"the doctor asked me.

"Yes doc?"I replied trying to be calm as possible.

"I have to be honest with you his condition is critical.We need money within 24 hours so we can proceed with the surgery.Kindly inform me once you have prepared the money,"the lady doctor declared to me with the urgency in her voice.

My god!Where will get money for the surgery?

I wanted to scream and run but I could not.My family needs me to be strong.

I sighed and guided my siblings to eat and told them to be strong while I am looking for money.They all nodded while sobbing.

I went to the hospital chapel and prayed.I asked God's guidance.I cried uncontrollably.

I got surprised and shocked when a hand offered me a handkerchief.

I looked up and I saw a young man.

He sat beside as he pushes the handkerchief for me to take it.

I took it and wiped my tears.

"Life sucks,don't you think?"he started the conversation.

I just nodded.

"You might be thinking why did I offer you the handkerchief.I am Tom and I am a busy man.I have to tell you this right away,my boss wanted to hire you today.You will get your first salary today more than enough to cover the surgery's expenses.Think of this as a gift."he proposed.

"What will be my job then?"I asked full of curiousity and suspicion.

"You have to make a man fall in love again and help him heal with all his emotional wounds but do it in a subtle way.Take this file.Read it if you must.I need your answer after fifteen minutes."he commanded and pushed aside the folder.

I opened the folder and I got the biggest surprise in my life.

I don't know if it's the reward of a million dollar that surprises me or the fact that I have to steal the heart of the stranger whom I cannot forget.

Is this true?Or am I dreaming?