Chapter 23 A Dance To Remember

"I want to freeze this moment,right here right now,and live in it forever."Suzanne Collins

"His voice dropped ,nearly to a whisper,and his arms tightened around me.
Lord,ye gave me a rare woman,and God ,I loved her well."Diana Gabaldon,Dragonfly in Amber.

Alistair's POV

I wanted to freeze the time and capture this very moment.

I know this slow dance is our dance of a lifetime.It is a kind of dance that I will remember forever.

We are eye to eye and skin to skin.

I can feel millions of tiny sparks humming in my veins.Every fiber of my body are getting charged with so much fire and passion that I could not explain.

I wanted this dance to last forever.

I wanted this slow dance to last forever if this is the only way I can hold her close.

I wanted to hold her forever.

I wanted her to feel my heartbeat.

I wanted her to listen how musical my restless yet calm heartbeat.

I couldn't explain this chaotic,restless heartbeat yet feeling the overpowering,exhilirating peace while I am holding her.

This is pure bliss!Pure heaven here on Earth!

I stared at her and I am mesmerized.

Something flashes in my mind.

Everything stopped and while I am gazing at her innocent eyes I am seeing the cinematic,vivid,glorious scenes of our happy life as husband and wife.I could picture it as if it is happening.I could hear it as if it the only one I am hearing.I could feel the happiness and serenity with every scenes I am seeing.

I am stunned and at loss for words.

I have never felt this before.I can feel the overflowing love and peace that it brought tears in my eyes.

All she could do is stared back at me.

I blinked the tears and try to laugh it off because I feel like I am drowning with all the love and peace overflowing from my heart.

"How did you know my name warrior queen?Isn't it unfair that your man doesn't know your name?"I tried to tease her.I whispered as close as possible on her left ear.I put my lips on her left ear and she shivered.

I shivered the moment I saw her shivering.

That very act  of hers shivering left me wanting to kiss her and take her until everything around us will fade into oblivion.

************

Do me a favor please.If you like what you've read then vote for it and put some comments.That will inspire me so much to write more and to impress you.Thanks.