1.

—☁️☁️☁️

☁️☁️☁️

The sound of heavy rain awakened Dreamur. Her window showed her a dark gray colored day. Rain slid down the window and blew rain across the dampened street. Their mailbox hung open filling with water. Sniffing her nostrils felt stuffed. Swallowing, her throat was dry, she could felt that she had postal nasal drainage. It was the sore throat she was feeling and she was in desperate need of medicine. Her head was pounding which only caused her to groan loudly. Dreamur hated when she got sick. It only happened when she left the window open late at night. Which caused her floor to be soaked with water.

Gathering herself, she headed to the closet to get towels. It could become moldy if not taken care of properly. "Fuck." She cursed, lazily trying to dry the water.

"Dreamur, come on, go with with me to the store." Her mother, Caresha asked. She was dressed in a tracksuit, and her favorite shoes. She had her head pulled back in a clip. Her lipgloss lucently glowed as she moved. "What the hell you do to my floor? What did I tell you about leaving the window up, late at night." Caresha sighed, putting her purse down to help her daughter.

Dreamur on the other hand didn't find a damn about her mother's complaining, that she had messed up the floor. Her mother grabbed a few more towels to dry the mess. Then she moved her fan from her room to make the process faster.

"Come on, go with me and we can let that dry." She said, patting Dreamur's thigh. Honestly, Dream just wanted to sleep and get better.

"Do I have to?" She said, the congestion making itself known in her voice.

"Ew mama, you got a cold?" Dreamur nodded at the obvious before sliding her sweats and crocs on. She slid her hoodie over her pierced nipples not caring that she didn't have on a bra or a shirt. She slid a coat on top for extra layering and brushed her hair into a slick top knot.

"Let's stop by dollar general to get you some medicine. It'll clean all that nasty stuff up." She motioned with her fingers. Dreamur rolled her eyes before grabbing her phone off the charger and plugging her AirPods in her ears.

The ride to the store was tranquil. The wind was blowing and the road was wet. Dreamur listened to Brent's most recent album while her mom listened to 90s R&B. The parking lot was full as usual, they made Dollar General their first stop. "Make sure you get you some orange juice too." Her mother stayed back in the car but gave her the EBT card for use. Dreamur purchased everything needed and an extra package of sanitary napkins for herself. Her body was going through a rough time and she needed to be prepared for whatever.

Caresha had arrived at Walmart, parked in a vacant space. The rain was at a drizzle so they used their hoods to cover their heads. "Grab me a basket." Dreamur did as instructed, her mother used a sanitary wipe to wipe it down before putting her hands on it to push. She pulled out her list to remember what she needed to buy. The fridge and freezer weren't barren but they needed a restock.

Dreamur had made her own list while her mother drove. She missed her old snacks she use to eat; pizza rolls, life saver gummies, original LAYS chips, yogurt, cheese sticks, etc. Dreamur also made sure to get juice boxes, and cranberry juice. There was already two cases of water at the bottom of her mom's cart. The case would last them for the next several weeks.

PARTYNEXTDOOR- Turn Up played through Dreamur's AirPods as she looked through the aisle for what she needed. Having the sudden urge for tacos, she decided it would be nice to cook herself a home cooked meal for once. For awhile her health had deteriorated due to her depression, PTSD, and anxiety. She had went through and experienced a lot in just six months.

"Mama, can you grab that Nutramigen." Dreamur asked, her wish was granted and Caresha put it at the back of the cart.

"What do you want for dinner?" Caresha asked, checking off her list. She only needed a few more items. The same thing for, Dreamur.

After successfully retrieving everything from their list, they scanned, bagged and paid for their items. The ride back was quick due to Dreamur falling asleep in the car. Her mother could tell she was having one of those days. How her attitude had changed in such a short time period, made her nervous. She was worried her daughter was falling apart right in front of her.

Caresha pulled into the driveway, she patted Dreamur awake to help her get the groceries in. The rain had let up a little so they needed to move quickly.

Successfully, everything was put away and now it was time to eat. "How about brunch?" Her mother suggested. Dream thought to herself, she had wanted to cook herself Tacos. She wanted badly to mix the white, creamy topping. If she had thought about sooner she would've ordered herself chipotle.

"That's okay ma, I'm gonna make some spicy taco salad." Caresha didn't mind if, deciding to stick with her brunch, consisting of eggs, bacon, hash browns, with biscuits and gravy.

Dreamur headed upstairs to shower, change, and take medicine to slow down the spread of her cold.

After drying off and moisturizing, Dreamur changed into a tank top and baggy pajama pants. Her large Bart Simpson slippers covered her feet. Her scarf was tightly wrapped around her head. She was in need of a wig replacement, manicure, pedicure, waxing, facial, and vaginal steaming.

Dreamur was preparing her cooking station when their doorbell sounded. She wiped her hands into her apron and the dishtowel before walking over to open the door.

"Dreamur." Her grandma greeted, walking inside. It was freezing outside and her entire body felt frozen. She shivered as Dreamur swiftly closed the door.

"How's my 'punkin 'dumplin?" Dreamur said in a baby voice. She took the car seat from her grandmother, setting it on the nearby couch. She pushed the clamps down so the handle moved backwards. She unhooked the seat buckles first before grabbing the baby out. As she held her up, the baby girl had her legs scrunched inwards while she tilted her head slightly to the right.

"My little muffins." Dreamur repeated, in a baby tone. She brought the baby toward her, so she could kiss her tiny forehead.

"So you been looking at any jobs lately? You know times are getting tough." Finley, Caresha's mother questioned. Dreamur didn't know whether to cuss her out or to force her wrinkly face inside that pot of boiling hot water.

"I know times are getting tough." Dreamur responded, trying her best not to sound irritated.

"So what jobs-"

"Mama, Wendy Williams is on." Caresha told her mother.

"Oh, we'll let me go catch up cause I missed yesterdays." She said excusing herself.

"Thanks ma." Dreamur sighed, appreciating her mothers save.

Her grandmother could be so uptight and worried about others instead of worrying about her miserable life. Finely had been through three husbands and none of the marriages worked out. Due to her ego swallowing her brain cells she was too good for certain things. She didn't like that her own daughter, Caresha could live in such a bad neighborhood. The black on black crime was terrible and the death rates were steadily rising. She drove a older model car that Finely thought was a trash bucket. The home where she laid at was okay but it could use some remodeling. It was unkept from the outside, needing a hefty power washing and beautiful garden. Caresha wasn't dirty it was the conditions of the house that was unhealthy. She had been saving for years now for a bigger place for her daughter and granddaughter.

As for Dreamur she was trying but it was hard to look for work when people weren't hiring as urgently as they said. She never received those promised emails, or phone calls they talked about in the job description or after she had to call several times to hear anything back. It bothered her at her young, mature age that she wasn't working. She had a daughter to take care of and waiting for income taxes were not enough to cover everything that she really needed.