18.

—🌨️🌨️🌨️

🌨️🌨️🌨️

Dreamur parked as close as she could. Temperatures were freezing, and the news anchor announced there could be possible chances of snow. She pulled Clover from
the back seat and closed the door. She used the app to open the door. The door bell chimed, signaling she had entered the school.

"Good morning, Miss. Dreamur. How are you doing this morning?" The secretary greeted, sweetly.

"Good morning, I'm okay, and you?" Dreamur signed in her daughter, as they talked. It wasn't for long since Dreamur had to go in for work. She talked with her teacher for a bit, kissed Clover after, and told her she loved her.

Dreamur returned to the car when a nauseous feeling came over her. Pulling the water bottle from the cup holder, drinking as if she was dying of thirst. She sighed, and sat for a few moments before a watery feeling filled her throat. Panicking she quickly got back out the car, followed the same steps previously and entered the school. Dreamur asked to use the bathroom, and the secretary showed her where it was. She thanked the kind lady, locking the door behind her. She inhaled and exhaled as he she held her stomach while hovering over the toilet.

Seconds later she was throwing up the contents for her stomach. The sink was running water so no one could hear what was happening. Dropping to her knees, the vomiting didn't stop. This continued for several seconds. Dreamur laid on the floor trying to catch her breath. She felt weak.

Dreamur gained the best strength she could muster, to flush the toilet, disinfect and sanitize. She washed her hands and wiped her face. "Fuck." She croaked, swallowing. Her throat burned from the acid. Dreamur knew she'd be missing a few coins from her check because she wasn't going into work today.

Dreamur quietly left the care center and returned home. She called her job to let them know what happened and promised to go to the doctor to see what was going on.

Dreamur laid in bed with a bag and Gatorade she bought from Dollar General. She felt horrible and she had an appointment set for the following week due to the capacity of other people having appointments already scheduled. Hopefully like the nurse had promised, she'd call if any openings became available.

Having the sudden urge to throw up again, that wasn't all that was coming from that end. Jumping up, she rushed to the bathroom to shit and throw up.

"Dreamur?" Deondre called out to her. Unfortunately she couldn't answer him because she was throwing up. The door was locked and the sink and shower were running.

"Damn, what's that smell? Baby, where you at?" Deondre called out to her. When she didn't answer he rushed up the stairs and headed to her room. "Mama?" He called out. He then heard the shower and sink running. The smell was much more putrid when he first entered. Deondre tried the lock.

"Hold on." Dreamur whispered, flushing the toilet and spraying. She disinfected and sanitized like she did at the care center. The smell of Fabuloso, hit his nose. He walked over to her window, raising it up to let in fresh air. The water stopped, and Dreamur came out. Deondre looked at her with sad expression.

"Mama, you sick." He stated, getting ready to walk over but Dreamur held her hand out.

"No! I don't want you to get sick!" She panicked. Deondre stopped in his tracks, and looked around the room then back at her.

"But I want to hug you." He pouted. Then he had an idea. "I'll be back. Just lay down, okay?" Dreamur agreed, and weakly walked over to the bed. She pulled sheets over her head. The cold air filled the room but it was needed so the germs and bacteria deteriorated.

Two hours later Deondre returned with a hoodie and mask on. He had three big bags of groceries. "Okay, I got you some soup, crackers, and Pedialyte." He cooed, setting everything on the table. He grabbed a fresh cup from downstairs, to give her some of the medicine. He put in a straw so it was easier to drink. He heated the soup, and placed the crackers inside. Deondre put everything on a tray and walked back upstairs to give to Dreamur.

"I'm not hungry." She whispered. Her skin was pale, and she had bags under her eyes.

"I know mama, but you need to eat something." Deondre encouraged.

"It's just gonna come back up, Dre." She sniffled, as if she was about to cry. She felt horrible. Her body was weak and she just wanted to sleep.

"Okay, we'll try to drink for me?" He asked, holding the cup, the straw poking her lips. She looked at him for a couple of seconds before taking a few seconds long of a sip.

"Good girl." He kissed her sweaty forehead through the mask and placed the cup on the tray. He stayed with Dreamur for the rest of the day until her mom came home from work. Caresha thanked him and he was off.

For the next couple of days Caresha took off work to take care of Dreamur. Caresha called the school to let them know what was going on and that Deondre would be picking Clover up. He had to follow the schools policy and fill out paper work first. He provided all the right information and everything was good from there.

The following week Dremur had went to the doctors like she scheduled only to find out she had caught the stomach virus from Clover. Dreamur was a bit surprised due to the fact it had been two weeks and she had just now contracted it.

Caresha drove them back right back home after picking more medicine for Dreamur. Dreamur slept while Caresha left to pick up Clover.

Dreamur still couldn't keep anything down. She refused to eat but she made sure she was hydrated. She only drank the Pedialyte and Gatorade. Water wasn't enough. She was dehydrated and cold. Caresha kept Clover in the room with her until Dreamur was one-hundred percent better.