25.

—⚡️⚡️⚡️

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Dreamur and Xarie sat shakily at the police station as they waited to be seen. Deondre had Dreamur in his lap as she laid her head on his chest. He was heated and the only thing that was keeping him from busting a cap in the white mans' ass was Dreamur. Xarie had cried herself to sleep, breathing calmly as she could.

"I'm sorry but we're really busy at the moment. I'll have to ask you kids to come back tomorrow." The officer pointed.

"Man what? We've been sitting out here for two hours waiting on y'all trifling asses! My girlfriend and her friend just got robbed and held at gun point and all you fools can say is "I'm sorry but we'll have to come back tomorrow?" Deondre yelled.

"Sir, if you don't calm down I will have to arrest you." The man warned.

"It's okay, baby. We can come tomorrow. I'm really tired." Dreamur spoke in a low calming voice. Deondre glared at the man for a few more seconds before taking Dreamur by the hand. Xarie following close behind.

"Man that's some bullshit." Deondre said, angrily. He couldn't understand how careless the officers were. Dreamur and Xarie could've been killed or worse and the people that were supposed to protect them, didn't seem to care.

Deondre opened the door for Dreamur and Xarie before getting inside. He purposely sped away and headed home. He helped Dreamur bathe and get to bed. He tucked her in, and slid his shoes off. He went to the bathroom to wash his face. Deondre opened the door when Xarie was getting out of the shower. She gasped clutching herself, before he quickly shut door back.

"'Yo my bad. Ian know you was in there." He said, cursing himself.

"I-It's okay." Xarie said on the other side of the door. Deondre decided it was best he go back to the room and lay down. He slid off his hoodie and his sweatpants. Sliding under the covers he tightly wrapped himself around Dreamur. He was trying his best to get those images of Xarie out of his head. He didn't want to be thinking of another woman while he had entire woman right in front of him. He unfortunately had to force himself to go to sleep that night.

3:27 AM

Dreamur sat drunkly in her mothers bathroom. While her arm leaked that dark red sadness. She had slit both of her arms and the blood was oozing. Her mind was heavy, and she needed a release.She didn't feel like having sex, what would that do? It couldn't numb the pain to her reality. She was broken soul with a shattered heart. Her dad was gone. The most important human being apart of her life. She took it all away when she opened the window on that Autumn Day.

Dreamur lazily sat herself up to take another long swig from the medium side bottle of vodka. The bitter taste burning the back of her throat. The feeling was harsh to her throat but could handle it.

"Look at you, you're on the bathroom floor"

"How can you be so stupid?"

"You should've blew those white fuckers up!"

"They would've blown her ass to pieces! Haha!"

"Stop!" Dreamur hollered. "Stop it, please." Dreamur cried, leaning back as her head hit the cabinet. There was shuffling sound that Dreamur didn't hear before a loud knock came to the door.

"Baby?" The door handle jiggled. "Dreamur?" Deondre looked under the door and when he saw the blood he panicked. "Dreamur, baby! Stop!" He yelled, trying to break the door down. He kicked and punched, until he successfully broke the hinges. He barged in, falling to his knees. His looked at her motionless body, the empty bottle, and the blood from her open wrist.

"Mama, what did you do?" He cried, placing her head on his lap. Touching he placed his fingers waiting for her pulse. Her heartbeat was there but it was faint. Deondre knew that was good sign of a pulse and quickly called the 911.

The ambulance arrived as fast as they could and they took Dreamur away. Deondre and Xarie were right behind, swerving in and out of traffic. They safely had arrived at the hospital where Dreamur was safely and quickly admitted.

Dreamur sat playing with her fingers when the door opened. She didn't look because she could see from her peripheral. The tears welled in her eyes, she bit the inside of cheek to keep from bursting into tears. She felt horrible, she was embarrassed, vulnerable, and exposed. Deondre sat down and there was an awkward silence. It lasted for fifteen minutes. Dreamur was suicide watch and she really wasn't supposed to have visitors at the moment but Deondre always found a way.

Deondre spoke up. "How you feeling?" Her head felt dizzy but her functioning was fine. She looked over at him.

"Fine." Dreamur answered, shortly. She really wanted to be alone and didn't feel like conversing.

It was quiet again. Dreamur looked up at the TV. There were reruns of What's Happening playing. Dreamur looked away uninterested in the comedic show.

"Can you please talk to me?" Deondre sighed, Dreamur looked over at him as tears fell from her eyes. He seemed agitated but mostly concerned.

"And say what? Oh, but the way I want kill myself tonight while laying in my own vomit?" Dreamur said, her voice level slightly loud.

"Dreamur, I'm not trying to upset you. I just want to talk to you. That's it." Deondre reposted, softly.

"Well I don't want to talk. I want to be left alone." Dreamur argued, sharply. She wasn't trying to sound mean but she just needed alone time.

"Baby-"

"Deondre, leave me alone!" Dreamur shouted. Deondre sat stunned, before raising up. He was teary eyed, kissed her on the forehead and left.

Dreamur buried her hands in her hands and cried. She was hurt and she was scared. Her life had flashed before her eyes and she thought she was dead. Her money had been taken and her innocence was shot. The innocence she had left. It didn't have to be about sex. The happiness and joy, the gratitude she felt was her innocence. The road trips with her mom, her baby, the dancing with Xarie, her boyfriend, Deondre. That was her innocence. Unfortunately for them, the police wouldn't do anything to help them.