34.

—☁️🌊🌧️

☁️🌊🌧️

Dreamur sat fiddling with her thumbs as she waited for her mom to get off of work. Caresha didn't trust Dreamur being home by herself. The doctor had also explained the cuts that were examined on her thighs and wrist. Caresha had no idea that Dreamur was cutting and it broke her heart that her daughter had no will to live anymore. She had given her life but Dreamur wasn't appreciating it.

Dreamur's phone dinged multiple texts from Xarie as she sat quietly. Then there was an incoming phone call.

"Hello?" Dreamur answered in a whispered tone. She got up from the chair she was rolling in heading toward the bathrooms.

Dreamur opened the door behind her. "Are you okay?" Dreamur looked at herself through the mirror to fix her hair.

"I'm okay. Taking one day at a time." She shrugged.

"We'll that's good, how's he doing?" Xarie asked, but Dreamur was thrown off. She applied the clip again. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she picked up the phone.

"He who?" Dreamur asked,.

"Deondre- wait you didn't hear?" Xarie replied, shocked.

"Hear what? What is going on?" Dreamur disliked when people beat around the bush. Either you wanted to tell it or you didn't. Simple.

"Deondre was in a car crash last night. Six people were killed and he was the only survivor. He's in critical condition and he's in a coma." Xarie said, teary eyed.

"What?!" Dreamur hollered, covering her mouth. Her heart sank, and her heart was beating at a fast pace.

"I thought you knew. I've been texting you all day but I didn't receive any response." Dreamur shook her head as she cried.

"How did you find all of this out?" Dreamur questioned, wiping her face as she set her phone down again.

"It's all over instagram and twitter." Exhaling a heavy breath, Dreamur picked up her phone before logging into her social media. She clicked the home tab to refresh her home page. The first post revealed Deondre's picture and the six other friends. The same gang he had arrived with at the restaurant that night and some she saw from the track meet, were all in a photo collage and thread. Dreamur scanned through the comments and it was true.

The headlines read: "SIX LEFT DEAD IN DEADLY CAR CRASH, ONLY ONE SURVIVOR!" There hadn't been any updates since but various tweeters had re-shared it.

"Oh my God, this is crazy." Dreamur cried. She wiped her tears once more.

"What hospital is in, do you know?" Xarie shook her head. The phone call lasted a few more silent seconds before Dreamur decided she'd call Xarie back. They hung up and Dreamur left the bathroom.

Another incoming call came in, and it was her mother Caresha.

"Yes?" Dreamur said, trying not to sound sad.

"Where are you? I thought I told to stay in that chair." Dreamur sighed, before apologizing. She didn't mean to break her mothers commands but she didn't want anyone in her conversation. A lot of the women gossiped at her mother's job and she didn't need any of them old ass hoochies all in her business.

Dreamur returned to the front where her mother was waiting. "Come with me." Caresha had her lunch box and had Dreamur follow her out to the car. Obviously it was time for her lunch break.

They both got in and shut the doors. Caresha hit the locks for safety purposes. "What's going on, because I know you've been crying." Caresha said, softly. Her voice was calm.

Dreamur explained what was going and Caresha embraced her daughter in a tight hug. She rubbed her back to console her. Dreamur was going through a lot and she desperately wanted her to get help. The signs were showing and she wanted Dreamur better as soon as possible.

"Let's go home. I'm taking off." Caresha said, pulling her phone out.

"No mom. It's okay." Caresha shook her head. She called her supervisor, they talked for a few and seconds later they were rolling out of the parking lot.

When they arrived home, Caresha had Dreamur sleeping in her room. Dreamur didn't like the adult supervision it but this was what she needed, for her safety. She was deteriorating, her petals were falling off. She was loosing sunlight and Dreamur needed a fresh environment.

At night, Dreamur woke up screaming, sweaty, and terrified. She talked, tossed, and turned in her sleep. There was a couple times Caresha found Dreamur in the kitchen floor from the sleep walking she did. This scared Caresha and she needed help. Finley couldn't help because all they did was bump heads. This would only cause the situation to worsen and Caresha didn't need the drama. She could slap Dreamur in the mouth, not her mother. Unfortunately sometimes, Caresha wanted to hit her mother so hard, that she'd black out.

"Mom." Dreamur dragged out, in a whine. Caresha sighed, sadly before quickly removing her clothes. She showered earlier but she never took her robe off.

"I know Coconut, I know." Caresha cooed, holding Dreamur tight. Dreamur unintentionally dug her nails into her mothers thighs as she cried.

"Dreamur, relax baby. Calm your body." Caresha coached. The pain was bearable but it still hurt. Luckily, Dreamur didn't have her stiletto acrylics on anymore or else the nails could've protruded through her skin.

"Momma." Dreamur cried, hysterically. She hook and her breaths were unsteady. Dreamur was getting ready to have an anxiety attack. Caresha made Dreamur sit up as she inhaled and exhaled fast.

"Breathe Dreamur! I need you to breathe!" Caresha said loudly. "Look at me." Dreamur did her best but she still couldn't calm down.

"I can't, I can't!" Dreamur cried. She hiccuped and her breathing patterns still didn't change.

"Yes you can. Breathe, in and out." Caresha displayed the action for Dreamur to follow. Dreamur repeated the same thing and successfully calmed herself. Caresha made Dreamur drink an entire bottle of water. She dabbed a cold towel over head.

Caresha held Dreamur until she fell asleep. Even after she fell asleep Caresha held her. The tears falling down her face. She felt like she had failed as her mother. She asked herself what could she have done, where did she go wrong in her parenting skills? How had she neglected her daughter in some way to make her feel so lonely? Her daughter didn't leave in the same world as everyone else. She couldn't live that fake lifestyle of being happy, when that camera cut off what really happened? Dreamur's accepted that she lived in a dark place. A dark place where trees didn't grow. Birds didn't chirp, and the sun never shined. She lived in, Dreamur's Reality.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

Woooow! Another book down and completed! It took me a year to write Deceitful Lust, and only 3 months to write this one. I am so proud of myself. I have come a long way with writing. My perspective and thinking maps for writing have changed and I believe that's a good thing. Overall, I hope you all enjoyed this book!🩷I'm baking some more stories up for y'all too! This summer will be filled with nothing but, good, urban writing happy reading :)

if you any have any questions feel free to ask :))!