29.

—☁️🌧️☔️

☁️🌧️☔️

Dreamur sat staring at Deondre's contact. Badly, she wanted to click it but her pride wouldn't let her. Her heart thumped at the thought. The two lovers hadn't spoken since Dreamur's frustrated outburst. Suddenly, in the blink of an eye she had pressed the call button. Her heart thumping faster, her breathing uneasy, Dreamur was a mess.

"Yo, who dis?" Deondre answered, shortly after the third ring. His voice wasn't as elated as it usually sounded. Her sweet boy was now a sour patch kid without the sugar.

"Uh-um." Dreamur stammered. She sighed feeling dumb for her body making her call this boy.

"Don't call if you can't talk." Deondre said, before hanging up. Dreamur's mouth hung down at what just took place. Did he really just hang up on me? She thought to herself.

Her feelings were hurt and she decided it would be best to leave Deondre alone for a bit. She wasn't going to make him talk if he didn't want to. The lump she felt in her throat was gaining in size. Then he answered "who dis?" like he had deleted my number. Dreamur thought, causing her to feel more depressed. Dreamur decided it'd be best to block his number. They both needed space, right now, the fan was hot.

Dreamur laid back under the covers deciding sleep would help her best move. She plugged in her AirPods, letting Jhene Aiko fill her ears.

Dreamur pulled from her thumb sized blunt, while she walked alone in the park. It was quiet and no one was out accept the singing water. The trees shook from the gust of wind that blew, whispering. She passed by a few benches before walking down the bottom of the hill to one, closer to the water. Sitting down, the cold breeze blew through her hair. It felt good, since it had been hot all week .

"So you just can't text a nigga back?" A deep voice, spoke scaring the hell out of Dreamur. She drew her gun with her finger on the trigger.

"Chill Dreamur, it's me." Trevale defended, with his hands up.

"Are you following me?" Dreamur asked, the gun still pointed.

"Put that shit down before you blow my brains out." Trevale stated, becoming upset. He didn't appreciate the only girl he ever loved pointing heat in his face.

"You say that, like life is worth living." Dreamur stated, scoffing. She held the gun for a few more seconds before putting it away.

"What fuck is wrong with your ass?" Trevale said, mean mugging her.  He shook his head before taking a seat on the bench.

"What fuck is wrong with you stalking me? Huh?" Dreamur asked, wanting an actual answer.

"Ain't nobody stalking your ass." Trevale scoffed, scrunching his face.

"You're a fucking liar. Stay away from me or you're going back to jail." Dreamur warned, promisingly before walking away but Trevale followed her.

"Can I at least see her?" Trevale yelled after her. Dreamur slowed her walking. How could she make those arrangements when she didn't want him near her or Clover? He made up his mind when those handcuffs were slapped across his wrist.

"Goodbye, Trevale." Dreamur responded, quietly before running off.

"Dreamur! DREAMUR!" He yelled, as Dreamur covered her mouth. She ran and ran until her chest hurt. She bent over throwing up the contents of her stomach. She inhaled and exhaled deeply trying to catch her breath.

When Dreamur reached home, she immediately sat, stripped from her sweaty clothes, and laid on the bathroom rug. She held her chest, inhaling and exhaling once more. What was happening? Why was everything going so badly? She thought she was doing everything right.

Dreamur lifted her hand, looking at the rose colored index card.

Sofi Windbrel
Psychologist

Ukiyo Manner
738 Maven Dr.
Cruten, VA 79337

Sighing she tore up the card and through it in the trash. She didn't need some shrink telling her how to fix her problems and in her personal business.

After showering and oiling down. Dreamur took Clover out of the crib. She went through her baby bag to retrieve the book from her schools book fair. Dreamur felt that she had abandoned the innocent little girl. She opened the soft booklet and began to read. she talked and pointed at each picture and letter. Dreamur sounded out the letters and used pronunciation so she could hear the sounds.

Clover spit and babbled. She clapped her hands to celebrate her cute success. They watched a little bit of Cocoamelon and she ate before falling asleep. She was placed back in her crib before Dreamur got in bed. Her phone rang, she looked at the ID to see it was from a private number. Turning her phone off she cut the light out and made herself comfortable under the covers.