6.

—☀️🌥️⚡️

☀️🌥️⚡️

Two months in of work and Dreamur had caught on quick. She decided to take on two jobs, her mom didn't mind. Caresha wanted to help her daughter in every way she could. Soon enough, Dreamur would have enough money to buy her a car. Her dream car, a pink model with leather seats, decorated with LEDs, and cute stickers. Dreamur was proud of herself. She hadn't cut in two weeks but the scars still showed. Glad that Deondre didn't see, he would give her one of his "peace of mind" lectures. Dreamur felt responsible that she could provide for her child on her own. Help from her mom here and there she still wanted to show that she was the mom. She was responsible for Clover. Her first baby, her first love.

"Can we get some more ketchup over here?" A white man yelled, while waving his hand. He wasn't upset but there was no need to yell. Dreamur heard him and went to the storage unit to retrieve a new bottle. It was fresh and hadn't been open. Walking over she politely placed the ketchup bottle on the table.

The man thanked her, and she was off to her next table. Today was busy, and Dreamur hadn't had a break yet. Everyone was running around doing their best to fulfill and take orders. The tips were great though, for it to be a Tuesday.

"Hey Dreamur, can you tell Xarie that there's a new table to be waited. She was in the bathroom last time I saw her." An employee, Emiline spoke.

"Okay." Dreamur faked smiled, before rolling her eyes. She couldn't do it by herself, because? Emiline was the restaurant's manager. Unfortunately for Emiline, she didn't know how to be a team player. She wore too much makeup and her tanned colored skin, sucked. She wore her clothes extra tight, along with pulling her shorts up high enough that she could pull it over her breast. Her breast barely jiggled when she walked. Like two plums wrapped in a yellow caution tape.

Dreamur headed to the bathroom. When she opened the door, she saw Xarie quickly hide something behind her back.

"Hey, Emiline. You have a table waiting for you." She could see that she had been crying but didn't want to pry into her business.

"Okay." Xarie smiled, sadly. She sniffled, Dreamur was getting ready to walk out when Xarie called out to her. "Umm, can I talk to you for a second?" Dreamur nodded, letting the door close.

"What's wrong?" Dreamur asked.

"Umm, okay.... How do you- say you get pregnant right, but- you don't know who the father is, and your having trouble deciding if you want to keep it or not?" Dreamur slightly tilted her head to the side. She pursed her lips together, thinking of how to respond.

"Xarie, are you pregnant?" Dreamur asked, gently. She didn't want to upset her. She just needed the confirmation so she knew what advice to give her.

Xarie looked down, her eyes glossy again. She slowly nodded as she began to break down again. Dreamur walked up to her embracing Xarie into a tight hug. Xarie cried softly into her shirt. The girl was a mess but this was not the time and place to be upset. Customers were steadily coming in and they were already short on staff.